Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
r2champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issue of AMA membership revokation.

I see that a certain someone doesn't have a "moderator" tag under their name anymore. Has their title been revoked? If so, great call by the RCUniverse staff, and is this why a new moderator position is open?

I answered the questionarre that RCU provided as I logged on the other day. The question came up about how do you rate the moderators on RCU, and I honestly couldn't answer 10 out of 10 as I did for most other questions, for the single reason as I indicated above. My exact choice would be 9 out of 9 for everyone else, 0 out of 10 for the above listed, but the option wasn't provided for me to single out a bad apple.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
KidEpoxy

Bob
Do such action serve any positive purpose? If so, what might those positive purposes be?

Are such actions, when directed at other members, reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking?
<...snip..>
Let me ask again.....Are such actions, when directed at other members, really reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking? Or are you doing so merely out of spite and vindictiveness?
ever get an answer to this?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Bob
Do such action serve any positive purpose? If so, what might those positive purposes be?

Are such actions, when directed at other members, reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking?
<...snip..>
Let me ask again.....Are such actions, when directed at other members, really reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking? Or are you doing so merely out of spite and vindictiveness?
Indirectly, yes.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob,

I have had a change of heart. I now find that since this individual cannot keep his nose out of others personal business, and that he is busily dragging the AMA Headquarters into it, I would support the removal of this member for cause. I also would support removing the AMA employee who furnished him the information as well.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 AM
The Toolman

I'm with ya Bill, where do we sign up?

Ron
Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
KidEpoxy

Bob

Indirectly, yes.
ok, maybe my question wasnt specific,
Bob, what answer to that did you indirectly get
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Bob,

I have had a change of heart. I now find that since this individual cannot keep his nose out of others personal business, and that he is busily dragging the AMA Headquarters into it, I would support the removal of this member for cause. I also would support removing the AMA employee who furnished him the information as well.

Bill, AMA 4720
I would agree with removing him from any sort of staff position within AMA, be it as district staff or AMA columnist, (or whatever) but not revocation of AMA membership.

The actions I've seen are not compatible with holding of ANY sort of official position within AMA, and I think any actions taken by those directly affected should be towards that end and not directed towards AMA membership. I think you can make a case for the former, but not the latter.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
smh20502
My Feedback: (1)

everyone is entitled to their opinion. Soon as you all realize that mine is right we'll all get along much better.

That being said. With someone that is being so negative...Why is anyone listening?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:03 AM
superflea

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Imagine getting an English lesson from a Texan . I guess if it's just being done Texan to Texan, that's OK.

I once worked under a guy while in the USAF from texas. His speech and spelling/grammar were so bad that if you read what he wrote the way he spelled it, you would sound just like a Texan. the man really spelled with a Texas accent.
It was surreal.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
kavic5150

Makes me not wanna join the AMA. Tho im sure it has its good points, I dont even know what AMA stands 4. My eyes started to glaze over after the first 10 posts or so.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Were you thinking of joining? I see you have been in this hobby since at least 07 and obviously haven't joined a club yet. If you join AMA I would like to invite you to join my club for free. I am always amazed at how far people travel to fly here.

I hope you don't let this silly stuff keep you from making this hobby all that it can be for you. If you never find AMA provides a benefit to you that is perfectly fine...this hobby is far to great to let anything like what you read here to stand in your way of enjoying it... AMA certainly has its benefits regardless of what you read here.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

ORIGINAL: kavic5150

Makes me not wanna join the AMA. Tho im sure it has its good points, I dont even know what AMA stands 4. My eyes started to glaze over after the first 10 posts or so.
Academy of Model Aeronautics
http://www.modelaircraft.org

95 percent of the rantings are done by 5 percent of the memembers.

If we don't get banned from the national airspace by the FAA or Homeland Security it will be all or in part due to the educational efforts of the AMA

Old 01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

ORIGINAL: kavic5150

Academy of Model Aeronautics
http://www.modelaircraft.org

95 percent of the rantings are done by 5 percent of the memembers.

If we don't get banned from the national airspace by the FAA or Homeland Security it will be all or in part due to the educational efforts of the AMA

5% HMMM...that is a very high percentage... that works out to more than 6000 unhappy members...man we are in more trouble than I ever thought.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
BarracudaHockey

LOL good point. Probably closer to less than 1 percent. I've got the flu today and don't feel like I'm in any condition to operate heavy machinery or do math
Old 01-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Erich_F

Yeah, the AMA is a LOT bigger than this hole in the wall.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Erich_F

Yeah, the AMA is a LOT bigger than this hole in the wall.
Not sure what causes posts like yours and I am not really sure what you mean exactly but RCU is another promoter of our hobby and by no means a little hole in the wall... People are fast to assert AMA as the great promoter of the hobby but if sharing information about our hobby is the measuring stick then RCU is a giant.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Erich_F

Relax, man....sheesh. If I didn't think this forum was worthwhile, I sure wouldn't be here But, thanks for the snide generalization! My gosh some folks will go looking for offence in anything.

I'm speaking to the relativity of the hobby, AMA, and the industry as a whole, over the activity on this single forum and the detractors that reside within it. By the term "forum", I mean this single AMA Discussions Forum, not the greater RCU Forum.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
kavic5150

thanks Littlecrankshaf, I feel better already. Off to check out the AMA website. Gotta pass on the TUFF club tho, I live in maryland and the only car I have is a 1:10 scale.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
BarracudaHockey

You have a nice hobby shop there don't you? I used to drive up when I lived in Lexington Park and was stationed at Patuxent River.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
littlecrankshaf

Relax, man....sheesh. If I didn't think this forum was worthwhile, I sure wouldn't be here But, thanks for the snide generalization! My gosh some folks will go looking for offence in anything.

My snide generalization???...whoa there buddy. You started this line with your “snide generalization”… get real…

I'm speaking to the relativity of the hobby, AMA, and the industry as a whole, over the activity on this single forum and the detractors that reside within it. By the term ''forum'', I mean this single AMA Discussions Forum, not the greater RCU Forum.
And there you go again… maybe just a touch self righteous... I think.

Now, despite your derogatory remark I will say that RCU has some serious accolades in the industry as well...don't know how to quantify it but these online forums might be sustaining the hobby to a greater extent than you give credit… Hmmm if it weren't for all the online forum detractors this hobby might really get somewhere LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Erich_F

You know what? You're making it very difficult to agree with you You're way out in left field in your interpretation of my intentions. Sorry I wasn't clear enough for you.

The point I was trying to make was, don't take the negative remarks on some internet forum too seriously, when making a decision to join the AMA or not. The sample of members on this forum is not representative of the AMA. I never said anything derogatory about RCU or any forums. You are putting words in my mouth and totally reading in the wrong direction. Again, I will say, I AGREE WITH YOU...as much as you hate to read it

Dang it's hard to talk to folks that are so on the defensive over everything. No wonder so many folks find it hard to hold a conversation here.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
littlecrankshaf

You know what? You're making it very difficult to agree with you You're way out in left field in your interpretation of my intentions. Sorry I wasn't clear enough for you.

The point I was trying to make was, don't take the negative remarks on some internet forum too seriously, when making a decision to join the AMA or not. The sample of members on this forum is not representative of the AMA. I never said anything derogatory about RCU or any forums. You are putting words in my mouth and totally reading in the wrong direction. Again, I will say, I AGREE WITH YOU...as much as you hate to read it

Dang it's hard to talk to folks that are so on the defensive over everything. No wonder so many folks find it hard to hold a conversation here.
Sorry, but it is really hard to see through all that detractor... hole in the wall... stuff... to see you agree...anyway, thanks...sometimes dry humor or snippy sarcasm doesn't come through in printed form...been a victim of that all to often myself...
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Erich_F

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
Sorry, but it is really hard to see through all that detractor... hole in the wall... stuff... to see you agree...anyway, thanks...sometimes dry humor or snippy sarcasm doesn't come through in printed form...been a victim of that all to often myself...
Yeah I know what you mean. The printed form is not the easiest to have such conversations with. It was all just humor and sarcasm on my part, sorry I maybe took it a bit far. But, the point is that we are on the same page. It can't be realistic to see some of the posts on here and make a generalization that one should or should not join the AMA. This includes our little misunderstanding posts above
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM
BarracudaHockey

Knowing Erich fairly well I knew what he meant.

Erich, see you in Daytona or at Clints?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Erich_F

Hey Andy,

Yeah I plan to be at the Daytona event, if I'm in town. I will be staying at my grandparents in Ormond Beach. I had a good time there last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.