Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Connection refused

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Connection refused

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:01 PM
SlickCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Connection refused

What is going on with the AMA site? Every time I try to confirm my web page Hyperlink I get a connection refused marker, are they having troubles?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: AMA Connection refused

Originally posted by SlickCE
What is going on with the AMA site? Every time I try to confirm my web page Hyperlink I get a connection refused marker, are they having troubles?
It's been running fine all week. They were down some last weekend also.
NATs time, maybe they are setting up for all the scoring etc. that they will have to be doing.
I don't have a clue but I think weekends are the time to do maintenance when it needs done.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:39 PM
dunk-RCU

Still down Sunday morning..... if it was maintenance looks like they would do in weekday in the early AM like 12:00 to 8:00 when most of us do it. I'm sure most of their hits come on weekends.

Oh well....
Old 06-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Msaint
My Feedback: (5)

The company they are using to host the website has issues. There is no excuse for the amount of downtime the AMA website sustains. It is hosted by a outside vendor. It is not hosted at AMA headquarters.

I am involved with websites that get at least 5 times the traffic the AMA pages get and we in 2 years have not had the amount of errors I have seen myself in the last 2 months on the AMA website. If someone out there knows what they are paying a year for the service they have now I would be very curious.

Heh I wish the AMA site was as stable as RCU. Not taking away from the expense of running RCU and paying its bills. Ill bet you AMA is paying way more and it just isnt the quality of service that a large organizations website should have as far as connectivity.

Just my opinion
M
Old 06-24-2003, 03:01 AM
SlickCE

Hosting cost's have dropped dramatically, Lunar will host you for $7.95 a month and you get all kinds of extra stuff, you can even have two sites hosted on the same account....
Old 06-24-2003, 03:10 AM
Msaint

Hosting and maintenance costs for a site like AMA's will generally cost around $1000.00 a month give or take a lil just as a round about fair figure.
As to what they actually pay at this point Ill stay out of that discussion. All I know is when I saw the figures in the financial statement that someone pointed out to me. The words %#$$ and %##$ came out of my mouth.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:23 AM
SlickCE

What do you want to bet that the account they have was set up many years ago and no one has looked at it since..
Old 06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

I was on the website last nite, with no problems. I accessed the online newsletters, but didn't do the login thing...
Old 06-24-2003, 04:07 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto
Old 06-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Msaint

Yes I was on it as well. And no IIS configuration errors this time