Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why would you build a house there?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why would you build a house there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why would you build a house there?

He still flies full scale planes out of it as well as powered parachutes. I was just asking why would someone buy the land and put a house next to something they are already sure they don't like. If you hated noise then go elsewhere....it's noisey here. I live across from a graveyard...I like it quiet so I chose a quiet place... Just think it's funny that people are that ignorant and then they complain. You could give them a million dollars and they would want 10 more.

Kevin
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Mr. Mugen

Oh and the funny thing is, if we did fly over his house it would be too far to see our plane. It is over a field with nothing planted in it. Just bare field! Not like we would be taking off over anything but grass and long grass at that. There is no way anyone could do damage to his belongings other than a divot in the field which I am sure the muskrats wouldn't mind.

Just amazed,
Kevin
Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mr Mugen unless I read your last post wrong maybe you have discovered the issue. If he is flying full scale planes and stuff...MAYBE he WANTS the established runway !!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Mr. Mugen

I guess I am lost on that last one. Who wants the runway? The new home owner adjacent the field?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Live Wire

I think you lost every body now Who fly's what and where and who owns what.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well my story hasn't changed from post one. Some others may be confusing the issue but I stayed clear. The field is owned privately. Meaning a fellow bought it for the purpose of flying full scale planes a long time ago. This fella still owns it and now flies R/C as well as full scale. Following? Now some out of towners bought up some land adjacent to it and are complaining. I will take some pics next week....pics are worth a few words I hear.

Kevin
Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
KidEpoxy

How many feet is it from the end of the runway (and NoFly Signs) to the property line?
How far from the closest Pilot Station to the property line?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, I thought for a second the encroaching neighbor flew fullscale, and thought he might want to run you off, take the field.. I was getting confused about who flew fullscale.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

How many feet is it from the end of the runway (and NoFly Signs) to the property line?
How far from the closest Pilot Station to the property line?
The no fly zone signs are right at the end of runway....less then 10 feet from property line as far as I could see. Pilot stations are about 100 feet from signs.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 AM
KidEpoxy

Crikey!
I hope you got more than 10' / 100' on the other end.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 AM
psb667

This is not to uncommon some people like to complain. Has anyone looked to see what this guy does in his spare time for all you know he could be cooking meth in his garage and the noise disturbs his teeth grinding
Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 AM
KidEpoxy

Sometimes folks have good reason to complain, or file complaints

I was even more suprised when a fellow didn't turn in time and made about a 200 foot venture over his land before turning.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pilot Stations? I thought this was a full scale field! You are confusing the heck out of all of us!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 AM
freakflyer9999

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Look, it's not complicated. You don't have the right to fly models over someone else's property. The fact that you ''got there first'' means nothing: Is there a serious argument that once you've started flying somewhere the owners of the land around you lose their right to build on their property
That is correct, they own the land and air rights up to 500 feet or so, with exception of emergency helicopters. Now if they built homes within the ACUIZ FAA registered field receiving FAA funding for navaids, then the FAA could have their property vacated and houses torn down. If outside the ACUIZ they could live in them but would have to tolerate the planes flying right over them because only the FAA has the air space rights near airports.

Where is the FAR that says that property owners control airspace upto 500 feet? I believe that if you research it, you will find that the FAA controls ALL airspace above and below 500 feet. Class G airspace begins at the surface, not at 500 feet and other airspaces begin either at the surface or above the Class G

It doesn't matter whether your field is "registered" or not. The FAA rules apply to all airspace and its use. You may fly over private property as long as you adhere to all FAA rules.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Live Wire

This looks like you are flying on a full scale landing site that some one bought property next to. Just don't crash on his property and have to go retrieve it[:@]
Larry K
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Where is the FAR that says that property owners control airspace upto 500 feet? I believe that if you research it, you will find that the FAA controls ALL airspace above and below 500 feet. Class G airspace begins at the surface, not at 500 feet and other airspaces begin either at the surface or above the Class G
You will not find this in the FAR, that is just a regulation. The US code gives the FAA control of all NAVIGABLE air space, that is generally airspace above 500 feet except near airports and a few other exceptions. That does not prevent them from classifying the airspace and does not prevent them from regulaing obstructions which may be near navigable airspace. Air space rights do belong to the owner even when in FAA airspace though it does not apply to full scale aircraft. What remains is non-certified aircraft and construction rights over their property.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
psb667

[X(]
Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
KidEpoxy

we get to use the same facts frequently here:

Sec. 91.119

Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.
(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.
(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.
You really dont want to show him the double edged sword that lets folks TO & L over his property
cause he will build a structure on the property line
that will prevent you from doing anything on your property (other than TO & L) within 500' of his gazebo.
Loops, rolls, hovers are not TO nor Land, so you cant do that on your property within 500' of the structure on his property.

Or
we can say the reg doesnt apply to models... no regs protection nor restriction
Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 AM
psb667

more importantly you dont want him to realize hes got enough space to put up fly at your own risk signs and shoot your planes down[:@]
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

we get to use the same facts frequently here:

Sec. 91.119

Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.
(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.
(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.
You really dont want to show him the double edged sword that lets folks TO & L over his property
cause he will build a structure on the property line
that will prevent you from doing anything on your property (other than TO & L) within 500' of his gazebo.
Loops, rolls, hovers are not TO nor Land, so you cant do that on your property within 500' of the structure on his proper

Or
we can say the reg doesnt apply to models... no regs protection nor restriction
That regulation does not apply to models. That is why they are busy writing a reg that does. You cannot fly over his property (less than 500 feet which might as well be infinite), even if he is near an airport. Only commercial aircraft can fly over his home less than 500 feet.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Sport_Pilot

It doesn't matter whether your field is "registered" or not. The FAA rules apply to all airspace and its use. You may fly over private property as long as you adhere to all FAA rules.
Being registered is not going to matter. That is only a matter of showing your airfield on the maps. If you own a private airfield the FAA is not going to procecute you for flying over your neighbors house. But they are not going to order the neighbor to tear down his house, and if the neighbor sues and the judge orders you not to fly from your field they won't help you by overrulling the judge. However if your airfield is public recieving FAA funds they may demand the neighbors house to be torn down, or protect your field from closure.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Sport_Pilot

A link to pertenant US Code. Read all of it. Read especially para (b) 1 and (e)

[link=http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode49/usc_sec_49_00040103000-.html]US Code Title 49 Chapter 401 Part 03[/link]
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Silent-AV8R

Link does not work for me
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Big Stimie
My Feedback: (2)

We all must have idiots around us.. here in the "glove" of Michigan we have a field that we have been using for over 20 years. This field is in the middle of an apple orchard and the owner is up there in age. A few weeks ago we received a noise complaint from a neighbor. This is weird because the nearest neighbor has to be 1/2 mile down the road. My opinion on the matter is that the owners son's are trying to get us booted because they can plant more trees on the land that we occupy.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Sport_Pilot

I cannot figure why the link does not work. But if you cut and paste the following it should work.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/49...40103000-.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.