Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

forums decorums

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

forums decorums

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default forums decorums

remember how the AMA forums were to be so family friendly and not have the veiled profanity and masked XXXX wordage?

well the vaunted moderator over there has started using clever word combinations to get around the rules. see post 10, the last one, in the firing projectiles thread of the safety sections there. does he really think that the use of "master debating" actually is appropriate?

surely the management there will dole out the same type of disciplinary action to him as they did to hossforums decorums
Old 02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: forums decorums

Just a thought here, why not contact the moderator over there and ask him? As I said, just a thought, Dave
Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
skipperwayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, come on Dave. That's a silly question and you already know the answer.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
mongo

i did

no answer

dave m

no answer
Old 02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
bradpaul

As of 3:30 PM EST the original post in question was 4 hours old.................. and already mongo is complaining about not getting an answer to his question from the moderator.

Getting inpatient aren't we?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
mongo

well, maybe, you decide.

moderator was showing online when i reported the post, still online 30 min later when i looked and still online 45 min later.
moderator and post writer being the same person, of course.

now, for a forum, and moderator, who have said in very bold language that they will not tolerate foul language, wouldn't ya think they would jump right on a report ticket that is subjected about foul language?

and still, no response at all.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And this surprises you, why, when some pigs are more equal than others?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: mongo

remember how the AMA forums were to be so family friendly and not have the veiled profanity and masked XXXX wordage?

well the vaunted moderator over there has started using clever word combinations to get around the rules. see post 10, the last one, in the firing projectiles thread of the safety sections there. does he really think that the use of ''master debating'' actually is appropriate?

surely the management there will dole out the same type of disciplinary action to him as they did to hossforums decorums
Check the deffinition
http://www.masterdebating.com/

Regards
Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: mongo

well the vaunted moderator over there has started using clever word combinations to get around the rules. see post 10, the last one, in the firing projectiles thread of the safety sections there. does he really think that the use of ''master debating'' actually is appropriate?

Check the deffinition
http://www.masterdebating.com/

Regards
Saw it. Read it. Still think that that definition was written by someone with their tongue firmly inserted in their cheek. I ain't buying it. The Moderator needs to be slapped down for that. I'll promise you that he would not allow that from the rank and file. The favorite sons, maybe, but not the rest of us.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Stickbuilder

And Muroc closed down the post where I called his hand for using that language. His new power has truly gone to his head.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Mr. Mugen

[&:] Really guy's? Geez.......build something.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

[&:] Really guy's? Geez.......build something.
Good advice Mugen. why don't you follow it? I'd be surprised if you did not take their side, even if they were caught taking a whiz in the punchbowl.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Saw it. Read it. Still think that that definition was written by someone with their tongue firmly inserted in their cheek. I ain't buying it. The Moderator needs to be slapped down for that. I'll promise you that he would not allow that from the rank and file. The favorite sons, maybe, but not the rest of us.

Bill, AMA 4720
How could anyone think otherwise???? Yes, the moderator needs to be removed...no question about it. Moderators should never get close to the line much less cross it as this one obviously has. But guess what??? I think his suction will hold him firm...bets???
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 PM
bradpaul

Your PM's don't get answered, your threads get closed...... I guess somebody does not like you over there. Can't imagine why?

Frustrated?????????????????????
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Your PM's don't get answered, your threads get closed...... I guess somebody does not like you over there. Can't imagine why?

Your wrong...Not mine...not ever
Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Stickbuilder

I guess it's because certain little piglets are more equal than other little piglets, huh?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Mr. Mugen

I am following it...glue dries slowly. I find it funny how the little ones run back and forth and tell on each other. I haven't even been to the "AMA" website....why? I see it all right here. Reminds me of the union shop I worked in for 8 years......nobody is ever happy.

As you were.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:16 AM
phlpsfrnk

I ain't buying it.

Bill, AMA 4720
Whether you buy it or not, his use of the phrase as defined was used correctly. In my opinion what is upsetting the posters here is the fact that they are not allowed to practice their “Master Debating†there. As for your “Moderator using thinly disguised language.†Thread posted in the General Safety Discussions, it was closed because of where you posted it. If you were truly offended you should have posted to “Forum Help†or “Forum Suggestions†or even PM’d the moderator/s or Admins but I suspect you knew that. As of 2 hours ago Peter (AMA Forum Moderator) removed his own post. I’m sure there will now be a hue and cry here about that. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Regards
Frank
Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM
bradpaul

I guess it's because certain little piglets are more equal than other little piglets, huh?

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah you are the expert on pigs.......... why the attitude were you the runt?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Stickbuilder

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah you are the expert on pigs.......... why the attitude were you the runt?
Nice personal jab there BP. Come see how much a runt I am.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

In order to maintain the uselessness of this thread I am posting no information of any importance.

Well, I don't feel any better. What is the secret?

Oh, well. Back to the Sukhoi build.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, lets leave the personal shots alone or the thread will be closed. Thanks Dave
Old 02-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Mr. Mugen

Personal shots? Then why not delete them? It's ok for some as long as they cry harder? Or whine harder? Or is it age? Race? Religion? What am I missing here? A bunch or open ended warnings from mods yet the same crew get to make the same ole attacks. If you don't agree you get attacked, coupon only good for?

What a joke.....at best.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
mongo

hey, only 14 hours for a moderator response to one of their own "hot button" topics.

and he still dosen't think he did anything really wrong, or at least, that is how his posts come across over there.

and frank p, read that site you linked to, it makes a great case for pete actually knowing what he was doing was wrong. lot of childish word innuendo and substitution play in the first 5 lines of text there.

ie:

"the climax is in your hands"
Old 02-20-2010, 12:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm going to add to what David has said here. If these silly little arguments and personal attacks don't stop I'll start putting people on Moderated Status. I am sorry that I have to come across as harsh, but there is a small group here that simply cannot discuss issues in a civil and calm manner. Instead of discussing rationally they attack those that they don't agree with. If this continues those doing this will find themselves in the doghouse.

Over the past couple of years this forum has actually been making dramatic improvements. I know that many believe that this forum is still the same old place that it used to be, but disagree. I measure this improvement by one specific yardstick, and that is the fact that over the last few months we are see lots of people that have never posted here before now participating in the discussions. This is because the garbage being spewed out by some has not been here. We're not going back to those old ways. So, if you cannot participate in a discussion without attacking others I would suggest you refrain from posting, because if the attacks continue those doing are not going enjoy what will happen.

I apologize that I have to be so harsh in the open forum, but some of the people here just seem to not get it any other way. For those that this does not apply to I do apologize.

Ken