Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA RCU FORUM BETTER ALL THE TIME

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA RCU FORUM BETTER ALL THE TIME

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:13 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: AMA RCU FORUM BETTER ALL THE TIME

Do you find it so horrible when folks say
If you cant afford $58 for AMA then you need to find a different hobby
... a simple If-Then,

I've heard this message echo'd alot....but
I'll always enjoy this hobby to some degree, regardless of whether I can afford the $58 for insurance or not.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I welcome threats and promises of violence. I might be getting up there, but I'll promise you that I haven't forgotten how.[>:][>:]

Bill, AMA 4720
No threats of violence here. The line in question was made in a metaphorical context referencing the way school yard bullies ended up when they confronted or tried to intimidate me. I have never initiated violence in my life.I've also nevercapitulated dueto the threat of violence.

I apologize to anyone who took the statement in the wrong context.

Anyways ......................

KE: The whole point is that Icome here and there seems to be a cadre of like minded, frequent posters, of one persuasion that seem to be obsessive concerning the writings and personalities over at the real AMA forum. I go over there and it seems tobe the same in reverse with the exception of the strict enforcement of the no personal attacks rule.

It's rediculous really. Someone here threatening to sue the AMAif he gets banned for breaking the site rules. Come on. Be serious. What are you going to recover (after you prove damages that is)?Judge Judy: "The court has decided in favor of the cranky plaintiff in the amount of $58"?

Complaining about the same old posters defending the same old positions over there then coming over here and joining the same old posters defending the same old positions over here. Drinking the Kool-Aid is drinking the Kool-Aid no matter who doing the mixing. Next thing you know the regulars at the AMA site will name them selves "Club 5"or whatever the count.

I try to keep my mind open to positive, constuctive change. I am only noting that it seems this has become the Club 27 forum and the AMA site the Club 5 forum which isn't good for the other folks that want to visit and post. You know like suggesting someone take a hike.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

I'm not sure I get your frame of reference to inequality of posters here,
why not just verbatim that back at him and see if the mods here punish you for doing what Stick did.

That is the message you were trying to get across with that Orwellian line, right,
that Stick can do things here that you cant?
The frame of reference is that SB some folks over here say they are victims of personal attacks over there while engaging in activities over here that would never stand over there.

Now I'm confused.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Perhaps you can provide specific examples?

Maybe you needed to vent some frustration and will feel better tomorrow?

Has a moderator unfairly deleted your posts even though they met the site guidelines? Again, if you provide a specific example rather than just a rant it would help others to see things from your perspective rather than just coming across as spiteful.

But then, maybe you don't give a rat's arse if others understand and that's cool too.

Just say
in'. [img][/img]

I'm nor going back to that forum again. I don't think that the AMA heirarchy did their homework before jumping into the deep end of the pool. The forums there are poorly moderated, and administered. There is tons of favoritism shown there, and I am tired of defending myself there. We all know that everything is not perfect with the AMA or with any organization, but to not allow a true dialogue and/or discussion that allows for some give and take, and differing opinions is wrong. I'm pretty tired of having to defend anything that I say here too. Maybe I'll just take a break from all the AMA discussion.

Bill, AMA 4720
Anybody want to comment on how long that resolution lasted?

Which one of your hero's sent you over here to make that crack? I reserve the right to correct a wrong. There are plenty of them over there.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Perhaps you can provide specific examples?

Maybe you needed to vent some frustration and will feel better tomorrow?

Has a moderator unfairly deleted your posts even though they met the site guidelines? Again, if you provide a specific example rather than just a rant it would help others to see things from your perspective rather than just coming across as spiteful.

But then, maybe you don't give a rat's arse if others understand and that's cool too.

Just say
in'. [img][/img]

I'm nor going back to that forum again. I don't think that the AMA heirarchy did their homework before jumping into the deep end of the pool. The forums there are poorly moderated, and administered. There is tons of favoritism shown there, and I am tired of defending myself there. We all know that everything is not perfect with the AMA or with any organization, but to not allow a true dialogue and/or discussion that allows for some give and take, and differing opinions is wrong. I'm pretty tired of having to defend anything that I say here too. Maybe I'll just take a break from all the AMA discussion.

Bill, AMA 4720
Anybody want to comment on how long that resolution lasted?

Which one of your hero's sent you over here to make that crack? I reserve the right to correct a wrong. There are plenty of them over there.

Bill, AMA 4720
You are correct, there are plenty of hero's over on the AMA Forum.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM
KidEpoxy

Kbob
you are trying to apply some kind of Jonathans vs GrannySmiths comparison of different web sites,
yet slap the Orwel reference on just the Grannysmiths

Do you feel that here at RCU
you are getting different treatment by the moderator (RCKen) than Stickbuilder gets?
Do you feel that the moderators discussion involvement in threads is biased to favor Stick?
(which would be hard to prove since RCken intentionally doesnt take part in discussions)

Here at RCU, are you not getting equal treatment by the mods, as Stick or whomever?

I kinda like the posts you make,
cause you manage to say what you want to get across without calling anyone a bedwetter etc
(well, except for your BloodyNose post, but nobodys perfect)
Old 02-24-2010, 03:52 PM
KenP

RCKen is the example that I am used to mods following. Mods do not get into "debates" on issues on the site they are moding.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:56 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The moderators have not got involved-but if members keep getting called out to the parking lot-there may be a problem.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Stickbuilder

I've been noticing that there appears to be one post per topic each day. RCU has how many thousands? Yep, It's getting better all the time.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-27-2010, 06:42 PM
K-Bob

I've been noticing that there appears to be one post per topic each day. RCU has how many thousands? Yep, It's getting better all the time.

Bill, AMA 4720
Not in the RCU AMA forum.Not tomention that theofficial AMA forum has been the topic of 50% of the new threads here. Usually in a negative context I might add. (and I'm sure youenjoy)

All this negativity and crabbiness ............ definitely a downer. Maybe a few posters here could just sit on the front lawn and shoot baby Robins or something.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
PLANE JIM

wha-wha-wha=the forum is better at RCU than the official AMA DICTATED forum

Maybe we could shoot a couple of Ka-bobs instead.

Good day-Kool Aid Junkie
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
PLANE JIM

K-bob you sound so unhappy here-is there anything I can do to make you feel better? I am really not a hunter or more of a gatherer.
But thanks for the advice.

You actually do get both sides of the story here without censorship unless you make a personel attack-which seems fair to me-and we do not have to drink the Kool Aid.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, AMA 4720
Not in the RCU AMA forum. Not to mention that the official AMA forum has been the topic of 50% of the new threads here. Usually in a negative context I might add. (and I'm sure you enjoy)

All this negativity and crabbiness ............ definitely a downer. Maybe a few posters here could just sit on the front lawn and shoot baby Robins or something.
Well, Mr. K-Bob, you do your share of being crabby and negative. You come in here late last Nov. and it seems to me your main contribution is to P&M to high-"haven" about how many of us are doing what we have been doing for years.
Just who sent you your invitation? Na'me, ol' buddy! Was it one of those folks that sent so many newbies in here back in 2008, to stir up some pots, especially with the EVP election?

In case you have not noticed, this is an AMA forum that is furnished by management for our use. I don't see how they do it but they do. Since it is AMA by title, then why would ANY AMA activity NOT be discussed. Like our news services, we do migrate to the bad stuff to talk about.

You bring me some good news about the directions that AMA is taking and I'll be very thankful to you if it is true. Have you read your Mar. MA? What do you think about the apparent happiness, page 160, that the AMA Marketing and Publications departments are growing with more personnel, while the membership services are decreasing in personnel, to say nothing of the membership numbers itself? To me that is the wrong direction. Can you provide the good news that will make me want to tiptoe in the tulips about that?

13 persons in the Publications Dept. NINE persons serving the membership and 3 of those are in stockroom duties. OH now I suppose that you will answer that the 3 persons in the Benefits dept. are also membership folks, and to a degree I will agree, however, in all reality, those are the insurance people, and serve the AMA per se. more so than the membership.

In my long time with AMA, some 60 years, and involved as a Leader since 1964, I find it a disservice when promoting publications becomes more important than serving the dues-paying membership. I certainly wish someone could brighten my day/s by convincing me of the error of my ways.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Stickbuilder

Not in the RCU AMA forum. Not to mention that the official AMA forum has been the topic of 50% of the new threads here. Usually in a negative context I might add. (and I'm sure you enjoy)

There are 879 Registered users over there. The themes and topics are not just limited to being about the AMA either. Have a look at what has actually been been posted concerning. You will find that if you disagree with something that the AMA does, or proposes, that disagreeing post will soon disappear.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

K-bob you sound so unhappy here-is there anything I can do to make you feel better? I am really not a hunter or more of a gatherer.
But thanks for the advice.
No PJ, I'm as happy as can be already. But thanks for offering the dose of sunshine.

You actually do get both sides of the story here without censorship unless you make a personel attack-which seems fair to me-and we do not have to drink the Kool Aid.
Actually, if you read the responses following and referencing my last post it would not seem that way. You for instance have offered a cup of tainted kool-aid, just a different flavor. Here and there. Us and them. Division and derision. What's the difference who isserving it up and who isdrinking it. Either way you are dead, or at least your ability to be objective is dead.

Goodness, one of the elder statesmen here has even questioned my motives as well as my identity to the point of demanding I show my "invitation". Oh, the hue and cry if such words were spoken "over there". Hecky-darn, there would be an entire thread devoted to the matter over here.

ORIGINAL: HOSSFLY

Well, Mr. K-Bob, you do your share of being crabby and negative. You come in here late last Nov. and it seems to me your main contribution is to P&M to high-"haven" about how many of us are doing what we have been doing for years.
Just who sent you your invitation? Na'me, ol' buddy! Was it one of those folks that sent so many newbies in here back in 2008, to stir up some pots, especially with the EVP election?
Not really. I'm merely attempting to point out the tenor of this forum as it appears to someone not deeply involved or with a particular axe to grind. Now, lets take the bolded line from the quote above. Anybody catching the irony of thebolded text as well as who wrote it. Read it again. Is it OK if somebody uses that line anytime you want something to change at the AMA. Are we good to go on that one?Or is it that some consider change a good thing as long as it isn't them who have to do the changing?

I see the same attitude here as folks say they get over there. different sites, different folks,but the same results.

Just sayin'.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

k-bob, You leave me waiting for you to answer/address the last 3 paragraphs of my post #62.

In addition, real men are not afraid to leave their name and AMA number to that which they speak of.

Most of the time I feel like I should also be leaving name and address of my next-of-kin!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:49 PM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

k-bob, You leave me waiting for you to answer/address the last 3 paragraphs of my post #62.

In addition, real men are not afraid to leave their name and AMA number to that which they speak of.

Most of the time I feel like I should also be leaving name and address of my next-of-kin!
Line one:I'll be happy to oblige you with a comment on your last three paragraphs. You seem to be under the impression that I disagree on your take. One favor though, I'll have to respond later. It's warm, sunny and time to fly and actively participate in this hobby we all share.

Line two: I have no doubts about my manhood and neither should you. Two reasons for no AMA# and location. Firstly, I was in a hurry to get past the setup page, and secondly, such information can be used and abused. In another life .................. I received quite a bit of unsolicited email and PM activity that I did not request nor desire.

Line three:See line two.

Hope you and everybody else that frequents this forum gets a chance to get out to your flying field/club today. It's been a long, hard winter for some of us that don't usually have much of one to speak of.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 PM
PLANE JIM

Hiding behind the keyboard?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
K-Bob

Don't you have any baby seals to club or kids to shoot for stepping on your grass?

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
K-Bob

No. I can't reveal my top secret identity. It could compromise my mission.

Grip. Get one.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Stickbuilder

No. I can't reveal my top secret identity. It could compromise my mission.

Grip. Get one.
I'd say that this is the first factual piece of information that we have gotten from you.

Sounds a lot like Kentucky Bob. Our old friend from just north of Lexington. Y'all remember the Bob who was always making comments like this, and wouldn't back them up, and then disappeared? Sounds just like him. You wouldn't be Bob Mitchell now would you?

Bill, AMA 4720

Old 02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
cj_rumley

Darn, this is starting to look just like the 'official' AMA forum that I opted out of..........

Somehow, I think K-Bob, 'Kentucky Bob' (Mitchell, I presume), and Stick would all get along famously if they were to meet face to face. Why not here?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If only half as much energy got used to carve some balsa....
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

Darn, this is starting to look just like the 'official' AMA forum that I opted out of..........

Somehow, I think K-Bob, 'Kentucky Bob' (Mitchell, I presume), and Stick would all get along famously if they were to meet face to face. Why not here?
I seriously doubt it.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 PM
cj_rumley

Well, I hope we can still be buds, even though I think those other guys are OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.