Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Motel6 Partnership: I love it... kinda

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Motel6 Partnership: I love it... kinda

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motel6 Partnership: I love it... kinda

What a sweet deal-
When you book thru AMA website you get a discount at motel6.

I am almost always stayin at Motel6
and I love to save money... what could be better[8D]

Just checked an upcoming weekend... sweet discount for using AMAs online reservation, down to $37.99
Looks like I just saved enough for a gasaccino (gas station cappuccino) and lil choc donuts

Of course, I have to delete out the AMA promo code at the Motel6 web page
so I can get the $35.99 Click6 rate for that night and book it on the motel6 webbie,
but I'll raise my gasaccino styro high in toasting AMA's intent with this one
Old 03-05-2010, 06:03 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Motel6 Partnership: I love it... kinda

I guess the 2 dollars could be the kickback the AMA gets when someone uses the AMA promo. Or maybe the AMA gets one dollar and motel 6 gets a dollar for having to deal with the partnership.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
warningshot

What a deal.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
cj_rumley

If you guys like that deal (further illuminated below), y'all gonna go nuts over what's yet to come. From the Oct '09 EC meeting minutes:

g. Affinity Programs
Motel 6 – They have proposed a program that offers a 5% discount to AMA members; AMA would be paid a 5% commission quarterly. AMA would have no obligation to them other than to promote Motel 6 when possible; there will be no direct cash out of pocket for AMA. They will not contact our members in any way.

Veritas – J. Hager has been investigating affinity programs in an effort to bring in non-dues revenue; it is expected that three programs will be presented to Council for their approval each quarter. Council will review the information that will be presented to members prior to it being sent. The programs that are being considered are Clean Value Hearing, ID Theft Protection and Health Services. AMA will be responsible for marketing the programs and will begin with an email; members will not be contacted by phone. The cheapest way to promote these programs to the members is through the magazine; will also use banner ads on the website. The US Bank credit card affinity program in place now has been extremely successful for AMA; it expires next year.

MOTION VIII: Moved by J. Giffin (X) and seconded by C. Bauer (VI) to proceed with the affinity programs as presented.
MOTION passed unanimously

MOTION IX: Moved by J. Giffin (X) and seconded by T. Stillman (V) to proceed with the Motel 6 proposal.
MOTION passed unanimously

There was a brief discussion about those members who have checked the box for no solicitation; this box refers to official AMA business. It was agreed that a carefully worded push email will be sent to all those members who have opted out announcing the new affinity programs stating our records indicate that you have opted out and we will continue to honor that however we want to afford you the opportunity to take part in these new programs. Nance will work with M. Smith on drafting this email. Council will review this email prior to it being sent.

For clarification to the membership department, it was the consensus of Council that if a members’ record shows that they have previously opted out and that box is not checked on their renewal notice, it will be considered as an opt back in.
I have underlined points that were of interest to me. The marketing AMA will be doing on behalf of these affinity programs may explain why MA needs the space now wasted on event listings............

Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM
The Toolman

1."There was a brief discussion about those members who have checked the box for no solicitation; this box refers to official AMA business. It was agreed that a carefully worded push email will be sent to all those members who have opted out announcing the new affinity programs stating our records indicate that you have opted out and we will continue to honor that however we want to afford you the opportunity to take part in these new programs. Nance will work with M. Smith on drafting this email. Council will review this email prior to it being sent.

2. For clarification to the membership department, it was the consensus of Council that if a members’ record shows that they have previously opted out and that box is not checked on their renewal notice, it will be considered as an opt back in. "

1. Just like the govt. they just hafta keep pestering people that don't want bothered....

2. Once your out, your out, unless you ck the box to be back in...just another reason for our club leaving the org....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea buddy....I hear ya.

Guys with no principle will say, "what's the big deal, just push the SPAM button".......but they miss the point entirely because they are the SHEEPLE.

And the SHEEPLE know not for what they do........
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 PM
KidEpoxy

you know,
I was kinda happy with the motel6 thing

... till I read the horrid garbage regarding muncie spamming its members:
It was agreed that a carefully worded (spin) push email (spam) will be sent to all those members who have opted out (violation)

Heres a way they could carefully word it:

Dear member that asked to not get junkmail,
While we respect your wishes to not receive junk mail from us,
we are sending this junk mail anyway, but with respect.
Please continue checking the No Junkmail box if you dont want stuff like this,
but expect it to be sent anyway if we really want to spam you again.
... ps, changing your email address wont work, we already have this working one on file: Just have ALL ama email sent directly to Trash folder to avoid our spamming you in violation of the No JunkMail checkbox.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:35 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

right now, it goes to a spam folder, where, if not retrieved in 24 hours, it then goes to the delete pile. and i didn't even have to set it up. sea monkey just automatically recognized AMA mail as being spam
Old 03-06-2010, 01:22 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

KE, there is the principle right there. It's about respect, or a lack of respect.

It's not the first time they've sold out the membership to a mass marketing scheme and it won't be the last....[apparently].