Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA EC Minutes Jan. 23 2010 (FAA INFO)

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA EC Minutes Jan. 23 2010 (FAA INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA EC Minutes Jan. 23 2010 (FAA INFO)

I don't know what "Carry On" means in your world. I know what it meant to me in the military. (16 good years, 13 active).

I also feel exactly as KidEpoxy does when he stated:

"Looks to me FAA is telling AMA exactly what to do for AMA to exempt itself from practically all restrictions,
but that AMA has better things to do than follow FAA's instructions."

In my 28 years of dealing with FAA, whenever they determined a need for dealing, I have very little confidence in anything they might say, until after the fact. They are a government entity, therefore they go the easiest route which promotes their own self well-being.
My own experiences include criminal charges by FAA which were thrown out of the first court, and not allowed in a Federal District Court when the FAA tried to appeal a previous Not Guilty because, "....no crime exists..." as determined by the judge.

Having survived six-consecutive audits in a row, six calendar years, at one time past, I rather believe the IRS than the FAA.

Edited to add: That does not mean I differ with KE because I don't believe the FAA Reps in what they told AMA. I do believe they passed a good Hint to AMA about how to proceed. OTOH you never know just what they report when they report on the meeting.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Looks to me FAA is telling AMA exactly what to do for AMA to exempt itself from practically all restrictions,
but that AMA has better things to do than follow FAAs instructions.
I have to (unfortunately) agree with you.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i guess the sarcasm in my earlier post was missed.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM
PlaneJames
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orginal FAA - AMA Standards Effort

Years on, I have to say that the boat was missed. In fact. The guys from the faa were leaning as far forward as they legally could. The ama and faa worked very closely to develop a safety standard that was very good. Ama put an extensive amount of energy and resoures into the effort. They worked it to 95% +/-. Hats off to that group. Unfortunately other government powers were approached and the effort never proceeded. The not written future had some uncertanty. And as that path didnt continue, we cant know if the FAA would have accepted the stanadard - I think there was a very high probablity that it would have been accepted had it been completed. All participants in the effort should be thanked for pushing forward. The AMA president at the time was very supportive, as was the AMA gov rep and current president.

PlaneJames

Last edited by PlaneJames; 12-10-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Spelling