Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA District X Special Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA District X Special Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:13 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

Congratulations, Lawrence

All the best in making your vision reality.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Gearhead8
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: TimJ

To grow new members, may be start a program that would work with local schools. The best thing I have seen a manufacture do in this industry to help gain R/C pilots is the creation of the Park Zone brand from Horizon Hobby. The first Park Zone airplane was extremely simple, easy to fly and did not drain your pocket book. Through the evolution of Park Zone I think it brought in many R/C pilots who otherwise would have never tried. That product line could be a good asset to use with school programs. The same principal could be done on a human scale. Work with local schools to start clubs, or create some type of science course that teachers could use in their lesson plans............................................. .......
I love the NEW School project that the AMA has announced. Great work Dave Mathewson!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
ltougas

Its been a long time coming but the election results are in. The final tally is Michael Brown 1,428, and 2,057 for myself. I am honored that the membership has chosen me to be the next District X Vice-President.

My hat is off to Michael for running a good campaign and filling in as our interim Vice-President after the untimely death of his close friend Jim Giffin.

I want to thank all of the clubs that supported my campaign, they ran information in their newsletters and reminded their membership to vote which I am grateful for.

I'm looking forward to hitting the ground running in January my first undertaking as DVP will be to attend the AMA Expo in Ontario January 7th through the 10th, I hope you can make it and if you do please stop by the AMA booth I would love to meet as many members as possible.

Happy Landings,
Lawrence Tougas
AMA District X Vice-President-Elect
http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/
Old 11-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

Hooray! Way to go! Congrats! ETC!!! I'm very glad it finally came about for you, this should have happened a long time ago. Good luck and all the best. I look forward to seeing you in Ontario.

Gregg Stockdale
Old 11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
KidEpoxy

Congrats LT
Old 11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Mr. Itougas:

You have accomplished something far better than most AMA members are recognizing. You have unseated an incumbent. That is one big step.

While watching District 10, I have had many mixed feelings about just what is best for the AMA overall. Right now I am pleased with your upset, if for no reason other than as stated above. GOOD GOING!

So, just maybe this next year will provide more of the same. All you AMA voters, let us drink some AMA TEA and keep the PARTY moving.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 AM
ltougas

Greg, Kid, & Horace,
Thank you for the words of encouragement. This was a long campaign that took me all over our District, I got to make friends that I'm sure will last a lifetime. I'm very excited to see what the new year will bring us. I'm looking forward to opportunities to expand modeling, and grow our membership. I'm going to adopt a slogan that Andy Argenio uses which is, "Friendship, Flying and Fun" I think that is an excellent sentiment and a perfect way to describe how I feel about modeling.

Lawrence Tougas
AMA District X Vice-President-Elect
http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/