Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Swingset at the club field

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Swingset at the club field

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swingset at the club field

mrbigg, Ms Maine, and myself all stated that the liability insurance would respond if the club were named in a suit. (If not small claims, then in a larger court). Until a claim is filed in a court, small claims or otherwise, the club has not been named in a suit.

Are you suggesting the insurance would respond BEFORE the club was named in a suit ?

As far as the AMA site being abetter source of info, I am starting to see the light.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not suggesting anything. I think your asking the other guy. As far as the AMA site goes, I really didn't know they had a decent forum. Never really visited their site. Also, why even have an AMA forum here if you can't ask a question?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
cj_rumley

mrbigg,

This was your original question:
ORIGINAL: mrbigg

Say your club has a swingset for the kids and one of them gets hurt. Would the AMA's insurance cover if the parents decide to sue and would they cover medical bills?
The answer you got from asking it in the AMA's own discussion forum (at least indirectly) was

The short answer is, should a club be named in a lawsuit the liability policy would respond
Are you satisfied with that answer?

There is some ambiguity in your question, i.e., "would the AMA's insurance cover if.." caused me wonder if you meant cover the club and protect it against an injury claim filed by the parents (which it does), or "would they cover medical bills" for treatment of the injured child (which it does not). A fault determination has to made before liability insurance pays out. Medical insurance is no-fault, and not made available by AMA to clubs. You seemed to have mixed the different types of insurance together in your OP.
The reply "the liability policy would respond" leaves some questions hanging too. File a claim with your insurance company and you'll undoubtedly get a response........ I suspect that reply was originally prepared by Ilona's predecessor Maroney, as I have gotten much more informative answers to insurance questions from her.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

The reply ''the liability policy would respond'' leaves some questions hanging too. File a claim with your insurance company and you'll undoubtedly get a response........
[8D]
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

I'm not suggesting anything. I think your asking the other guy. As far as the AMA site goes, I really didn't know they had a decent forum. Never really visited their site. Also, why even have an AMA forum here if you can't ask a question?
As a matter of fact, the AMA has a very good forum with direct access to AMA leadership and staff for questions of this nature and anything concerning the AMA. You can find it by going to the AMA web site and then by clicking on "FORUMS" on the bottom of their home page.

Frank
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys.