Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobbyking.com shipping wories

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobbyking.com shipping wories

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyking.com shipping wories

Hey i purchased a plane some LiPos a charger and some other stuff from hobbyking 2 days ago
they are still on paid processing, I bought them in two seperate transactions because i was using tose money cards from the post office and they were only 100$ each, ps. the plane i bougt was the last one they had in stock and the shipping i pickde was Airmail

Do they usually take this long or is it just my circumstances? just wondering as this is my first time buying RC products online.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobbyking.com shipping wories

Ive had stuff from hobby king take anywhere from a week to nearly four weeks to arrive
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Hobby King is in Hong Kong China. I have hade oreders take a month
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
nitro wing

my stuff is usually here in 10 to 20 days
Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM
gearz

I found out thr hard way like you are... it took four weeks to get my gyro. HK is order and forget it. If you need it now you can pay EMS which is around 18 dollars. At that rate you might as well buy in the U.S.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, I am sorry but this is really funny . 2days and your calling the dogs with a post
1)Its HongKong , its 15 hours by flight if you fly direct . Why is this relavant ??? its far haha (if you live in the states )
2)by container its 30 days on the water
3)By speed post it at leaste two weeks minimum (to the states )
4)custom clearance -
Now, please consider this , I have placed over 8 orders , you place them and forget them and never ever never ever order a backorder product , shame on you if you do and your in a hurry . That can take 4 to 8 weeks depending on demand and seasonality .
I have had nothing but absolutly flawless shipping , complete shipping , no damage in shipping and excellant quality from HK .
My Lipos were 1/3 the cost of the big ones in the states , my small servos were powerfrul and 50% of what I paid in the states , and even my planes were excellant and delivered without problems . Why pay a distributor for placeing there own sticker on the same product that is coming from HK at 50% and less
I build my orders over time , then order to get the best on shipping .
Example , I order a high costing item perhaps two big lipos at $75 each , two esc at $75 ecah , then I add things like servos , magnets , spinners ect depending on needs .
Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 AM
[email protected]

I'm actually in australia and the thing i am worried about is its been proccessing for 2 days does it take that ong usualy?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:13 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Can take 8 days to start on its way.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 AM
ceecrb1

the long and short of it is that they sell LOTS of items to almost all countries in the world.
Every club you go to in every country will have zippy lipos.. quanum battery watchers.. etc etc.. I dont expect a 24hr service..

Their workload must be MASSIVE... what with all the sales... then packaging... ticketing ... restocking... loading unloading trucks non stop etc etc

You just need to buy without any rush or anticipate the wait..
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Cherokee Flyer

They also just finished a Chinese holiday and they as surely behind!!

L.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Hey i purchased a plane some LiPos a charger and some other stuff from hobbyking 2 days ago
they are still on paid processing, I bought them in two seperate transactions because i was using tose money cards from the post office and they were only 100$ each, ps. the plane i bougt was the last one they had in stock and the shipping i pickde was Airmail

Do they usually take this long or is it just my circumstances? just wondering as this is my first time buying RC products online.[img][/img]

Your a lot closer than me. I too was skeptical and did a small order as a trial. But, I have ordered since then and it all came. Just take time!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 AM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

My order for in stock items in the US warehouse has been "processing" for 3 weeks. Bout to contest charges with paypal.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Flight Risk

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is just the thread I was looking for.
My order processed in a couple days, but is now stuck in Zurich. I was surprised that it wouldn't've been sent across the Pacific, especially since we are in the western US. Do they use Swiss Post for all orders? It just has to go through customs so many times.
I ordered a big plane from NitroPlanes a couple months ago, and it was here in 5 days. I thought this would be a similar experience.

FR
Old 03-30-2011, 01:28 PM
carrellh

FR, I think nitro is located in the US and has a US warehouse.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

They use speed post . Unfortunitly for me due to my frequency of purchases and dollars I am now a platimum member , perhaps that is why I am not having problems .
Processing typically takes two days , I have seen it stay in processing the entire time , and yet I am shipped and receive a shipping notice .Perhaps the "processing is a glitch ".
I bought one thing on backorder , it was on for over a month and held my entire order ., again you cant order if your in a rush and plan on the small parts and extras if you can afford to do so
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
taildragger101
My Feedback: (2)

Iam verry pleased with HK. Ordered 3 electric 30 size gee bees and had them in 3 weeks. Thats fast. They arrived flawless.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:35 PM
av8djc
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Flight Risk

This is just the thread I was looking for.
My order processed in a couple days, but is now stuck in Zurich. I was surprised that it wouldn't've been sent across the Pacific, especially since we are in the western US. Do they use Swiss Post for all orders? It just has to go through customs so many times.
I ordered a big plane from NitroPlanes a couple months ago, and it was here in 5 days. I thought this would be a similar experience.

FR
FR don't worry it is on the way. My last one came that way and I couldn't track it after it left Zurich, it just showed up in the normal 3 week or so cheap freight.

Now, the order EMS fast freight I put in a week ago is still showing processing not shipped and I'm wondering what's going on. There was nothing on BK I know better than that.

Dave
Old 03-31-2011, 02:36 AM
[email protected]

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! status changed to shipped
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 AM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

*sigh* Still "processing" 23 days and counting
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
ArrowNaughtic

ORIGINAL: panhndl

*sigh* Still ''processing'' 23 days and counting
Panhndl,
I live about 20 miles from the US warehouse (I am just south of Seattle and the warehouse is in Lakewood......... 20 miles by freeway) and my last order for 4 batterys took 4 business days to arrive by USPS Priority Mail.
Your situation is different in that your order is still processing. The order still goes through the Hong Kong processing and then is relayed to the Us warehouse. I had an experience dealing with another large chinese warehouse/shipping business and my order was delayed for almost 2 weeks until I opened up my junk email folder and saw that there was an issue with the CC I had used. It was not verified with them so they kept my order in processing until We worked out the fact that the CC I used was legitimate.
I would highly suggest that you get on the HobbyKing website and find thier US customer support number ( here it is: USA Toll-Free 1-800-607-5803 ) and have your order number ready. If there is an issue they should be able to identify what the issue is and let you know if your products are backordered (which means entire order does not ship until all products ordered are available) or if there is another issue which they cannot resolve without some input from you.
I rea;ize you may have already taken these steps but 21 days processing sounds like there is an issue that they cannot resolve until you contact them. Let us know if you find out anything and maybe we can save the next guy from waiting blindly for 3 weeks. Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
jzrf6c

Hobby King now uses Swiss postal mail services ( i have no idea why) and have been told it has something to do with the shipping to the West Coast instead of coming through customs on the East coast. It can now take up to two weeks to get to New York and then the item may sit in customs for 10 days before being release. Can you say "Homeland Security"?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Flight Risk

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: jzrf6c

Hobby King now uses Swiss postal mail services ( i have no idea why) and have been told it has something to do with the shipping to the West Coast instead of coming through customs on the East coast. It can now take up to two weeks to get to New York and then the item may sit in customs for 10 days before being release. Can you say ''Homeland Security''?
It seems strange to have shipments hop skip across Asia and Europe rather than straight across the Pacific, but whatever works I guess.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:16 AM
helicraz

A number of postal services has stop accepting packages containing LiPo in them, including HK-post. Thus hobbyking is unable to send packages containing LiPo directly from HK. To work around that, hobbyking managed to arrange with Swisspost to process the shipment.

So, packages that contains above a certain limit of lipo (in terms of mah), will be sent via swisspost. They does that by doing a freight transhipment to the swisspost branch in Singapore. And from singapore it is freight to Switzerland, before it is sorted and redistributed accordingly to the destination.

For certain destinations, hobbyking uses SingPost transhipment IWC service. Same, frieght to singapore, than it is resorted and ship out.

Both services are not the usual quick and direct "ems" service. it is usually accumulated to a certain volume passing the boxes to the shipping company, swisspost/singpost
Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
helicraz

Just to add, this is fairly common when ordering from large online companies. When i order from towerhobbies, although th shows shipped, at times the order was held out by a transhimpment company. And when i received the package, the box has a local singapore stamp, with the transhipment company return address on it, towerhobby's padded envelope pacaging was inside the outer box of the transhipment company.

Hobbyking order can be fast, can be slow, just like many other online companies, their processing speed depends on their volume and their arrangement with tbe shippers.

The longest i waited was about 11weeks for an order by air parcel from USA. But it can be as quick as receiving in 48 hours when i order fom hk. Just keep your fingers crossed and wait.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 AM
bbqflyer

I just placed my first order through HK as well.  I'm hoping not to have the issues some of you have, but I'm not too worried.  Almost everyone at my RC Club orders from them.  I just didn't realize it could take so long, but it makes sense I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.