Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tower .60 Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tower .60 Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower .60 Trainer

Has anyone else had this problem? I have a Tower Trainer 60 that upon first flight rolled left fairly hard. I was able to trim it out but there is a clear offset to the ailerons now with the stick at center. First let me say I take my time and build true weather it be a kit or arf. Coul there be a defect in the wing? It looks straight. I checked and double checked the tail and the engine alignment. Have double checked the cg and the latarial ballance. The only thing I can think at this point is a warped wing, but if it is it cant be much. Like I say, it can be trimmed out, but it bothers me having to hav the offset while it should be center.

Thanks Bob
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tower .60 Trainer

Left bias on the engine...?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check wings for warps, put a little washout in both wings, make sure you have enough right thrust.

I have had 3 of them and have not experienced what you have. Might be a slight warp in the wing. Easy to fix with a heat gun and twisting.

Buzz.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine is straight ahead as per the book.

❍ 6. Measure the distance from the spinner backplate to the
firewall. It should be 5-1/2" [140mm] on both sides of the
spinner backplate.

I am using an OS 65LA with a Xoar 12 x 6
Do you think a little right thrust would help? Say around three degrees perhaps?

I agree the wing could be warped slightly. Guess it's time to get out the iron. I can't see any warp looking at the wing, guess I'll need the straight edge too.

Thanks Bob
Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easy way to check for a warped wing, put it on the floor. You should be able to see it pretty well.

I mounted the motor with right thrust. I just measured from the rear of the fuse before the vertical was mounted and made sure that the left prop tip was about 1/4 to 3/8 inch farther. That would give about 3 to 4 degrees right thrust.

You could always put the wing on, measure to the ground from the front and rear of the wing tip to see if there is a warp. Then twist the wing and hit it with the iron or heat gun.

Buzz.