Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks Yak 120QB

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Aeroworks Yak 120QB

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks Yak 120QB

Hi,

I have ordered a Aeroworks Yak 120QB and am looking to go gas with it. Based on reading I have done on the forums, the DLE20 is expected to be underpowered for 3d and the DLE30 will need modifications to the airframe. Also, based on the replies I got to my query regarding the optical kill switch in the gas engine forum, I am worried that the setup is getting too complex, which simply is frustrating[:'(], they are arguing over everything except what I have asked. So my questions are

1) Should I go gas with this airplane or glow?

2) If gas, would the dle20 be sufficient or would a DLE 30 be required and what modifications will be required?

OR

If glow, will the 120ax be sufficient or will a 140rx or a 160fx be required?

3) If gas, do I really need an optical kill switch or will cutting of the power from my TX be sufficient. Am using a 9cap with 2.4ghz module. Also, will simply putting a nylon clevis between the throttle pushrod and carb throttle arm be sufficient to isolate the radio system from the ignition inteference

I really need to close on this today because I need to put in the order for the accessories (OS spark plug, onboard tach, kill switch etc) by the end of the day as someone will be bringing it down from the US for me

Ameyam