Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

SIG ARF update

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

SIG ARF update

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SIG ARF update

Met with the new owners of SIG today. They are expecting delivery of new planes in the next 4 months.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SIG ARF update

How new is "new"? I know a couple of years ago it was sold to new owners but has it transitioned again?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 PM
kerwin50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats great
Old 06-12-2011, 07:37 PM
stuntflyr

Three principal's bought Sig at the beginning of this year.
I would take it the original poster is refering to these people and their plan to get the company back on track.

The owner that they bought it from was the one that bought it from Maxey Hester and Hazel Sigafoose some ten years ago. He had health issues and pulled his finances back. They also lost their designer to an heart attack. Finally it was sold to the people in this latest report.

Glad to here of this, not that I am so into ARF's but I am very aware that for the company to compete they will have to be an ARF supplier.

Chris...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
RCShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

Three principal's bought Sig at the beginning of this year.
I would take it the original poster is refering to these people and their plan to get the company back on track.

The owner that they bought it from was the one that bought it from Maxey Hester and Hazel Sigafoose some ten years ago. He had health issues and pulled his finances back. They also lost their designer to an heart attack. Finally it was sold to the people in this latest report.

Glad to here of this, not that I am so into ARF's but I am very aware that for the company to compete they will have to be an ARF supplier.

Chris...

That makes me think...like the Flying Tigers...maybe the time has passed? I love to think of the Sig name coming back but I also have to think of the adversity in the current business environment. That will be one rough, tough row to hoe to make it come to pass. I only wish good luck to the current owners but the timing sure leaves something to be desired. God bless them in their effort but as a business owner myself (struggling too), it will be a miracle.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the interview with the new owers of SIG at the Toledo show. http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1338
A club member was at the Toledo show and was told by the new owers that the SIG Rascal 110 would be coming in stock in August. I emailed SIG about 3 weeks ago and was told that it will be much later before they come in. Kind of the same anwsers I got from the other owners. They also said the new ARF's coming in would have a much higher price tag due to the weak US dollar and the increase in labor in China. If the Rascal 110 comes in I'd say early next year. Hope they get it together and do things right.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
stuntflyr

The prices of all of the ARF's has climbed a lot since the new year as the Chinese had to raise their labor rates. They were doubled because of the unrest within the labor groups even though they are highly restricted, the government was critical of the likes of Terry Gow and others that had huge percentages of manufacturing. They were making billions yet paying very low rates. He was the one that had to install nets around the bottom floors of his facility to catch the suicide jumpers. The specifics are variable, but the percentage of increase in pay was double.

Sig has always been a pretty lean operation. Their labor rates are probably pretty low at Montazuma. If the present group wants to make a go of it, I don't think it will be an unsurmountable task.

Chris...