Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes 82" Cub ARF decals

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes 82" Cub ARF decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
c130nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes 82" Cub ARF decals

I just about have the Cub finished, but have a question about the decals. I put them on the wings (large lettering) and the edges are pealing up or not sticking as well as they should. Any idea as to how to keep the edges down? There is no way they will stay on in flight the way they are now!
Bill
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 82

Try sticking the edges down using your covering iron set at a much lower temp then you would use to cover, just enough heat to soften the adhesive a little. Question, did you apply the big NC numbers in one piece or did you cut each one out and stick it on individually eliminating the clear? I have found these type stickers look better if you trim all the clear off and have just the item shape, then apply a little heat (be careful and keep the heat low). I assembled one of these GP Cub ARF's 11 yrs. ago and the NC numbers, bear cub, and Piper sticker are still on the plane and in presentable condition. I have also since started hand cutting large wing size NC numbers out of covering material and ironing them on as you would a trim stripe or color. Cut the numbers out of a brand covering that is a lower temp covering than the main covering. This gives very nice looking results. It takes time but that's what it takes for nice detail.