Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP >

WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP

Just got done building this plane right to the specs. Using a OS 160 fx which is the engine pictured in the manual. Went to balance it and OH MY GOD I ran out of weight even with 2.5 + popunds of lead in the nose the tail was dropping like a stone. I used the recommended CG point as per manual and the battery is right up at the firewall. Quite frankly I don't get it. How could WM deliver a model like this? This is bad news.
Anyone have some thoughts? I'm out of ideas unless it involves trding in the OS for a 1.8 Moki. Thanks
Old 09-14-2003, 07:38 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP

If you have enough length in the cowl. Try Moving the engine forward. This can be done easily with some ply blocks. 1/4" to 1/2" should do the trick.
later David
Old 09-15-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WM GS Zero TAIL HEAVY HELP

I have the WM Zero GS and it also required 2 pounds of weight. I flew it this past weekend and it flew good, nothing great. It has the OS 160 and set up is as specified in the manual. It is very bad that WM would tarnish its good rep by bringing out a plane that require this much weight.
Now for the good news. On the third flight I was forced to land in the tall grass and it took out one of the mains. Got home and started the inspection and found the retract plate and blocks were glued in with something that looks like hot glue. The blocks still in the wing came out very easy. I took the other side out and it also came out with little force. I am working on putting the plates and blocks in properly.