Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H-9 Christen Eagle

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H-9 Christen Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H-9 Christen Eagle

One of my favorite ARF's was by GP their Christen Eagle, my first one was used and I flew it with a twin 48cc gasser that made the plane do anything and everything, not to mention the smoke it could pour out. It met an early death when the fire wall pulled away about 100 ft up. The second one I had was powered by an OS 160 but it just didn't have the UMMPH that I wanted and before I could get around to upgrading the engine I had medical issues that put me on the side lines for the last few years. Now I see that H9 has an ARF out but the best I remember the wing span on the GP model was slightly wider than the one H9 is putting out. But biggest question I have is to anyone that owns one what they feel about it, materials, flight characteristics, and over appearance. Might just have to go and dig out my radios and other stuff and see if I can still remember how to fly and most important how to land.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: H-9 Christen Eagle

Its a nice plane, mine has a Saito 125 in it. About the only thing that's really cheap is the abs skirts on the landing gear struts, everything else is typical high quality Hangar 9

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1483
Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: H-9 Christen Eagle

Its a nice plane, mine has a Saito 125 in it. About the only thing that's really cheap is the abs skirts on the landing gear struts, everything else is typical high quality Hangar 9

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1483