Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Christen Eagle for Sale

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Christen Eagle for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 PM
RandyD
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Christen Eagle for Sale

Fellow Flyers,

I am in the process of liquidating my hangar and have a question for you guys. I'm going to put up my NIB GP Christen Eagle (1/3) and never mounted but updated DA50R for $1100 total. Do I go with RCU or Ebay? I don't do Ebay however a friend said he would handle the sale but mentioned there are fees involved. Thoughts?

Best regards, Randy
Old 12-14-2013, 02:15 PM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Randy,
Personally i would try RCU and RC Groups first, give that a week or so, then go to Ebay.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyD
Fellow Flyers,

I am in the process of liquidating my hangar and have a question for you guys. I'm going to put up my NIB GP Christen Eagle (1/3) and never mounted but updated DA50R for $1100 total. Do I go with RCU or Ebay? I don't do Ebay however a friend said he would handle the sale but mentioned there are fees involved. Thoughts?

Best regards, Randy
I've purchased on RCU and I have both sold and purchased on Ebay. Personally I would try the word of mouth approach with some local RC clubs, if their are a few in your area.

If you could not sell it locally to some fellow hobbyist, then I would first go down the RCU road and if that failed then I would proceed with Ebay. Again, personally I do not think the fee's would be that high on Ebay.

Finally you have to remember, its XMAS time and unless somebodies wife is looking for a present for her hubby , you might have a difficult time selling it this time of year. But then again, wish you posted your message earlier. Reason being is that I am in the process of putting together a Hanger 9 Christen Eagle with a new Saito 1.25 as power. If I did not already have mine, then I would most likely have had yours.

Good luck ....

Last edited by Granpooba; 12-14-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:53 PM
drube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCU and Craigslist.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you put it on Craigslist, you can ask $25,000 for it. Seriously, I would think about splitting up the lot and sell the engine and ARF separately. Quality engines sell pretty well on RCU and FGs.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texastbird
If you put it on Craigslist, you can ask $25,000 for it. Seriously, I would think about splitting up the lot and sell the engine and ARF separately. Quality engines sell pretty well on RCU and FGs.
Great idea about splitting them up. Some may not want the same package, but may want either the plane or the engine separately.