Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Help!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:41 PM
scow sailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

I learned to fly RC with a Debolt Live Wire Champ and a Minex Ghalloping Ghost radio and a Veco 19 in the 60's with my Dad. 80's were sailplanes like Bird of Time. 30years later I ordered a Dynam BF-110 ARF and I have no idea how to hook up all these wires. No instructions. I sold out when I left silk and dope and balsa. Can someone suggest a guide to wire this thing?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:35 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can download the manual at https://www.motionrc.com/products/dy...m-dy-bf110-pnp. See the "Quick Links" section on the right hand side below the price.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:43 PM
scow sailor

I see you are in Vero also. Want to share the crash? I'm told transmitters work different now. When coming at you we used to turn around and look over our shoulder. I used to Hi Start 100" sailplanes and soar for an hour. Now I'm clueless.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:49 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you have for a receiver and transmitter? Also, do you have a place to fly?
Old 09-16-2017, 05:14 PM
scow sailor

I have the Fly Sky FS-ct6b transmitter. Receiver is Fly Sky also. Took me a while to find it, so small. They used to be the size of a deck of cards. I was planning on flying at riverside park.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi,
To be honest with you....you need to go find just one good instructor to help you out with your new models. I fly Airtronics and Spectrum. And with the way I was told...you do not need to turn around to figure out what to do if a model drops a wing.

Simple.....

With the model coming directly at you or even at a angle...push the aileron stick towards the lower (or down) wing to raise it level again. ..or to initiate a turn or change direction.

The new electronics today is so far removed from you're Galloping Ghost day's I don't even know where to begin. If you can get an old set of RCM training books...it will really improve your learning curve. They can still be found and worth the effort to find them...or any books about the basics of flying RC.

Its a fun hobby....I've been in it for 65 years.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui