Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes AT-6 Texan 40 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes AT-6 Texan 40 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 AM
bayareajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes AT-6 Texan 40 ARF

I have a Great Planes AT-6 Texan 40 ARF that I have had for many years sitting in my garage. I flew it a few times about 10 years ago and loved how it flew I just didnt like how it kind of took off. Every take off was a ground loop waiting to happen. I had one of the best pilots in the club fly it. He could make anything fly except this. Everyone looked at it and just shook their heads. After one mishap I just took all the electronics out of it and hung it up.

Does anyone have any insights into this plane at all? Was it a fluke one off thing with just mine or is this an issue with its design?

I know that the T6 gear is close together and not easy as a design itself for ground handling. Nevertheless, can a poor ground handling plane be fixed?

Thanks.

Jeff E
Old 10-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Toe-in of the mains might help. Another option is a gyro on the rudder. I have used both methods successfully in the past.