Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Need cowl & windshield for Hanger 9 Cub

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Need cowl & windshield for Hanger 9 Cub

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 03:54 PM
rzingsheim
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need cowl & windshield for Hanger 9 Cub

Guys,
I'm in need of a cowl and windshield for a Hanger 9, 1/4 scale yellow J3 Cub. The version that was covered in yellow fabric that was out a few years ago. Not the current one that is covered in Ultracote. Strangely the cowls and windshields are not the same size! The new styles won't fit.... I tried. If anyone has a spare, preferably never mounted, I'm willing to pay a fair price.
Thanks in advance,
Roy Z.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:13 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The old H-9 J-3 was a "small 1/4 scale" @100" wingspan. I have one also. The windshield can be fabricated out of flat stock as it isn't a molded canopy. Use thin tagboard to make a pattern to trace onto the clear plastic after you have a good fitting example. Several tries may be needed to get a good fitting cardboard pattern but it can be done. For the cowl, Fiberglass Specialties offers one for the H-9 100" J-3 Cub. Their cowls are unfinished just out of the mold and require some sanding, pin hole filling, priming, more sanding, and finish paint. I have used some of their cowls and they fit well and are not difficult to finish up. I have a new old stock spare cowl but I am not willing to part with it, sorry.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 PM
rzingsheim
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Larry,
Hoping to avoid the filling, sanding & painting of a Fiberglass Specialties cowl, but if that is all I can find I may have to. I have used their cowls in the past and I agree, with some effort they are pretty good.
Thanks,
RZ