Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Will Hobby Pole Cat

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Will Hobby Pole Cat

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 11:46 AM
SkySteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Hobby Pole Cat

Trying to help wife of passed RC, pilot but can not find any price info on this Pole Cat model from Will Hobby. If any od you know what these cost and when they were for sale that would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-13-2020, 05:45 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will Hobby models were sold on line (Ebay) about 10 or 12 years ago. I bought a different Will Hobby airplane from them on Ebay and it was good flying well built ARF. I still have it and flew it recently. I don't have any information about the Pole Cat model, but all of their offerings were low priced for the market at that time.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:14 PM
SkySteve

Thanks. Was just surprised that I couldn't find much info on the model. Was your Will Hobby Model about the same size as the Polecat and what was your cost?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:56 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think Will Hobby models were in the market place for an extended period so they are just a minor footnote in RC model history. I don't remember what the Pole Cat was but the one I purchased was a 65" high wing, tricycle gear, trainer type. I was "past" trainers but needed an extra knock around plane and trainers work well in that roll. I don't remember the exact price but it would have been well under $100 shipped. (I'am thinking around $65) For a cheepie plane mine was well built, light weight, and a good flyer. For resale, if the pole Cat model in question is still new in the box then it is worth more than if it were built. Reason being, you can economically ship an ARF in the box, but not so an assembled model. Best guess at a value of a NIB Pole Cat might be in the $100 to $150 max range on a "Fleebay" auction. That's on a good day. Good luck.

Last edited by 52larry52; 07-14-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 AM
SkySteve

Thanks.
I was guessing at about $100- 125 as new, and although it is new in original box it was not sealed, so maybe $75-80