Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale Planes 96" P-51

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Giant Scale Planes 96" P-51

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 04:23 AM
flyguy-RCU
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Planes 96" P-51

ANYBODY OWN AND FLY ONE OF THESE? I JUST PICKED ONE UP AT TOP GUN. INTERESTED IN ANY INPUT IF POSSIBLE AND ENGINE COMBINATIONS.
THANKS,
BOB
Old 05-01-2002, 02:12 AM
Treeseeker
My Feedback: (19)

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did not just say the "GSP" word. All right boys....get your fingers ready to type and here we go.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:04 AM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Default GSP

Oh no MR. Bill, he did say the GSP word. May the force be with you my son. Live long and prosper. Eat your spinach. Buy some stool softeners and be prepared to use the whole box. :idea:

On a serious note, :boxing: I hope that you have not even looked inside the carton. If at all possible send it back with bells on. If necessary offer to marry their fun loving sister. :drowning: This company has a bad reputation second to none. pirate: If they were the only airplane manufacturer I would give flying and take up knitting. :bananahea
Old 05-01-2002, 03:37 AM
flyguy-RCU
My Feedback: (11)

Default GSP

Mike,
When was the last time you bought one? I have had two kits and now I have 4, including the big mustang. I was missing some parts last week on one and they shipped them out right away. I had no problems with the previous kit. On the ARF= POSTS ( this site) everybody raved at the new corsair....I bought one and so far I'm impressed with the solartex fabric finish and the hand painting. The glass work looks better and stiffer. Could you please tell me more in detail of what your problems were. I don't like the covering on the Big P-51 but I intend on glassing all the flying surfaces anyway. The detail of panel lines and rivets/ hatches looks very good on this plane. What happened to you?
Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-01-2002, 01:12 PM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Default Bob

I sent you a email response rather than post a very negitive response.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:44 PM
THE TAILBACKER

GSP--Go to the Photo gallery and check mine out. That is the last GSP I'll own.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:03 AM
beachhangar

Flyguy or ??

Ever get yours flying ?

I have the same bird. Had it for 18 months and just now getting to it. Have the Robart retracts and air tank, valve, etc.

Planning on putting a ZDZ 80 single in it. Was looking for an inline twin, but none suitable for this size frame. Been fretting over the muffler. Have fairly strict noise limit at field. Was thinking of trying to put a cannister with fiberglass cooling tube thru the fuselage with an exit for the cooling air behind the oil cooler. Not really practical. Will probably end up with a BSM and inverted mount.
Have a 4 blade Fuchs 22x12 glass propeller and Tru turn 6in spinner. Radio will be HiTec 8 channel and hitec servos.

Hope this thing is not too much of a dog. The yellow coloring on the fuselage does not really match the yellow on the wings.
Taxi cab yellow vs lemon yellow.

Have to admit, my experience with GSP was not that good.
There is a 300XL from GSP in the club with a ZDZ 80 in it, and the pilot is happy with it.

mike
Old 03-06-2003, 04:49 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Bob don't give up hope yet,
you should have posted this thread in the warbird forum. I have always managed to get more help there, usually the ARF forum is not much help. I think the usually browser in the ARF forum has a little less experience in R/C (if any readers of this don't fall in that catagory don't get offeneded because I am not talking to you). Anyways there is a guy on the Warbirds forum that has a pictorial of how he built his 96in GSP mustang. Here's a link. http://rcuniverse.com/showthread.php...414&forumid=34

I have a WM 80in mustang and I got no help in this forum, but got plenty in the Warbird section. Good luck, I think you will be able to make her come out just fine.