Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Outside of beefing up the landing gear mounts and possibly taking off the sticky-back covering to recover it, are there any more recommended modifications?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:17 AM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

Don't forget to re-glue every joint!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:22 PM
LUDS96
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Champion 45L

I Had one I liked it very much! It's built with a hot glue gun the joints are not very strong! The landing gear rips right out on any landing other than perfect and smooth! The wire for the rudder flexes as you apply rudder at any speed!

I put the landing gear one the fusalage just in front of the wing with Aluminum Gear. Boxed in a light 1/4 piece of ply wood to mount it on! Changed the ground handling also!

I put a small block on the side of the fuse in the back with a small tube to giude the rudder linkage.

After the fire wall fell out I blocked the back of it and Epoxied it in!

I used a Thunder Tiger pro 46 with a macs muffler. Mount the engine and cut the hole for the exhaust then poke hole out the other side and drill them out so you can muont the muffler after the cowl is on! Fiber Glass the inside of the cowl!

This kit was a little expensive for the amount of wok it required to keep it flying!

It flew GREAT! I took my eyes of mine a little to long watching the guy in the pattern in front of me and when I looked back at it it was way to late! Got alot of flight out of it. I enjoyed it very much!

Every plane has a time!!!! The F-16 is it's replacement