Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

options for GP Cessna 182 .40.........

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

options for GP Cessna 182 .40.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 07:38 PM
rob_mnrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default options for GP Cessna 182 .40.........

[sm=greedy.gif]...I just recieved my cessna in the mail today...It was supose to be a..."somthing to do when I'm bored plane." but man it sure looks good sittin in the closet. Well anyway. It's not a problem, but I'm just curious what some of you did in a case like mine...Ok. I already have an OS 40LA sittin around collecting dust and they recomend this at tower. My only concern is, I fly on the lake with floats and I want to make sure I have enough power to do this. I realize alot of people would just throw an engine with more than enough power on it and call it good but I don't want alot of power. I just want to be able to fly it comfortably. I would like to stick with a two stroke (have 4 four strokes already) but not going to rule out a four. The other thing is, props. What prop would be good for certain engines. Like I said it's not a dilema, just curious and the info would help....a pic or two wouldn't hurt either..
Old 10-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Miloh

Default RE: options for GP Cessna 182 .40.........

How much is it supposed to weigh?? If it's designed for a .40 I would say with floats a pro .46 would be just the ticket if you want to stay with a 2 stroke and scale flight.

Just my .02 cents worth. and purely speculation based on experince with .40 size airplanes and and .46 size motors. water has a lot more drag than wheels on grass.

Miloh.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:07 PM
IronCross

Default RE: options for GP Cessna 182 .40.........

I have an Irvine .53 in mine and it flies it nicely. A 40 LA could be a real challenge. Never had one though so couldn't say for sure. The landing gear on
mine is a problem. The nose gear is way to soft. You can bend it just taxiing down
the runway. The main tends to flatten out on anything but a perfect landing also. To bad, it is really a pretty looking plane.