Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Wild Hare Edge or Giles 202??? Which one? >

Wild Hare Edge or Giles 202??? Which one?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Wild Hare Edge or Giles 202??? Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Hare Edge or Giles 202??? Which one?

I've been reading all the posts on Wild Hare and I really like the new Edge and the Giles 202. Does anyone already have the new Edge and what does it fly like? Also does anyone have the Giles 202 and what does it fly like? I've already read the RCU review on the Giles just trying to get a personal observation from an owner. I need to know how the kit holds up, if it is quality built, ect. any info is needed. I'm currently waiting on a reply from Tom of Wild Hare maybe he can see me a manual on both, this would anwser lots of my questions.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (506)

Default RE: Wild Hare Edge or Giles 202??? Which one?

The Edges haven't arrived here yet (apart from the mule for the website), so there won't be any reviews.

Seems that folks that have the Giles really like 'em. Seems like I remember seing them on sale somewhere...

As for me - I've an Edge on order. I considered the Giles, but I can't transport that big "illegitimate male child"
Old 10-27-2003, 08:27 PM

aerobatic 3D,
Go to the Wildhare website, you can download the assembly manuals from there. I have a G202 with a ZDZ80 and really like it. I think Tom has a few left and is selling them until the end of October for $500 which is an awesome deal. The Edge looks like it will be a winner too but it's quite a bit smaller than the Giles if size is an issue for you.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:20 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I also have the Giles 202 and love the plane. I bought it for IMAC and it is a great plane for me to start competing with. I will be flying Basic next year with it. Tracks like it's on rails!

I have a BME 102 it it. Stump puller! But Stick Jammer is right, the ZDZ-80 is a great match for it as well and costs a lot less. I already had the 102, so I threw it in. The prototype flew with a 102, so it fit well. If you have not already bought an engine, the ZDZ 80 is a great choice.

It hovers fine, but I don't think that 3D is it's forte like his Extra.

Of course, I have the throws set low.

Jim!