Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Bipe Special MK2 >

Bipe Special MK2

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Bipe Special MK2

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 05:01 PM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bipe Special MK2

Has anyone built and flown the Bipe Special MK2 from Aviomodelli? If you have how was the quality of the kit. Was it easy to build and how did it fly. What engine did you use on it. I am thinking about getting one and putting a GMS 76 on it. Let me know as I am looking for a bipe in the 55 to 60 inch size.

Thanks Rick
Old 10-29-2003, 05:12 PM
zig
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Bipe Special MK2

hi trroscoe, I had one a few years back,my first bipe. nice kit ,the obichi sheeted wings were a bit hard to get smooth but the plane looked great. The fuse was a bit heavy but it flew very well, friendly bipe with easy ground handling. I flew it behind myself and lost it in the trees(real Idiot move)It had a saito 65 fs and that was plenty of power. great quality kit.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:57 PM
My Feedback: (39)

From talking to the distributer it sounds like the wings are already finished. They come as foam core sheeted with balsa and covered with some kind of covering. The thing that I am concerned with is the duralene or plastic fuselage. How do they look and how is the quality of them. The pictures make it look good. I am going to go to my LHS on Friday and look at one of thier other kits so that I can get a look at the quality. If I like it I will have them order one for me. I think that the GMS 76 will have plenty of power for it. I am really interested in this kit because it is the size range that I want. I really want the Dave Patrick 120 Ultimate but they have been on backorder for 4 months and they will not have any until sometime in Jan. Let me know if you have any info on the Bipe Special.

Thanks Rick
Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Holy smokes just got my MK3 in the mail 2 weeka ago and to tell you the truth I am thinking of having someone at the club build it for me. They say 90% ready but this bird is far from it. Either that or 90% overseas isn't what it is over here. I've built over a dozen ARFs and they all went together in a few days(or less). It took me 2 days to figure out the instuctions. You get a color shot of the step and a simple verb for application, i.e. "paste", "screw'," put in place", etc.. After 168 steps your done but geez It's just not what I'm used to.
I've built 4 World model kits that had 6 page manuals w/out plans and had no throuble, this kit is a lot worse.
The foam wings are also a first for me and the aileron linkages give me pause. The kit seems to be of highest quality, I just don't know how I'm gonna get it together. I would hate to screw up a major step then have to order parts and wait. It's not like my LHS or even not so LHS carries anything for this kit. If I ever get it together I think it's gonna be a real gem but for now its still packed in the box w/ a Saito 100 sitting on top...
Old 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM

[sm=tired.gif]hello to you all im a new flier have been flying for about a year & am currantly flying a ready 2 trainer have made a few greaser landings its very exciting,i have recently bought a ready made bipe special mk2 & will go as far as saying its a super plane & definatly one of the better arfs i have to date .the fus is made from plastic the same as my ready 2 trainer but it still looks great i have painted it & it looks a treat the only thing im having problems with is the c of g does any one no where it should be ,i wont be flying it till i know but ive heard that biplanes are a bit different to fly compared with there single wing brothers so i will need some more practice yet
can any one help tell me the throws & the cof g[img][/img] would be a great help !!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:44 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Looking nice plane, But very heavy for that size. I had to put saito 120 on front to balanced. did few changes on firewall to make a
little stronger. Probably needs to modified to install 2 aileron servos. lands little fast.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27497.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	409670  
Old 02-17-2006, 01:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: icrashbipes
They say 90% ready but this bird is far from it. Either that or 90% overseas isn't what it is over here.
Sorry, could not resist...

When surfing full-scale aircraft homebuilders' sites, I frequently run into comments about "90% done, 90% to go".
Old 12-28-2009, 11:47 PM

hallo to all , does anyone know the c.g. of this aiplane ? i just got one used with no instructions

thanks

pan