Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ANYONE that has AVISTAR SELECT .40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ANYONE that has AVISTAR SELECT .40

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Mudsurfer1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE that has AVISTAR SELECT .40

i was reading some reveiws on here about 2 minutes ago and saw some people who said the engine didn't have enough power but i think they might be trying to do things that are in too much demand of it.

I just want to know if i can fly some circles around the field and maybe some rolls and loops, and CAN IT HOVER?? that is my goal, but gotta wait for christmas

so anyone that got it please reply
Old 11-07-2003, 05:30 PM
SkyDude

Default RE: ANYONE that has AVISTAR SELECT .40

The OS 40LA that comes with the Select package works fine. I find it works best on 15% nitro. I'm turning a 10x6 APC prop over 11K and it moves the plane around nicely. It won't hover, but how many high-wings do? As for the basic stuff like rolls, loops, inverted, etc. the 40LA works good. Not too much power, but not too little.

I've heard people putting a .46 on it and it definitely makes it a faster plane. But the 40 works fine for the regular stuff.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:51 PM
ghost

I totally agree with SkyDude. I worked with 3 students over the summer and all flew the Avistar select and all used 15% nitro. The engine isn't blessed with power but does get the job done nicely. My demo plane for newbees is a SuperStar w/ an OS.40 LA. I burn 15% totally synthetic Cool Power Heli fuel and it runs great. Its a very good plane and will serve you well.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:21 PM
55Q

I fly an Avistar and made many flights with the LA40 engine. it preformed very well. It was a little underpowered if the grass was long and wet. I switched to a Thunder Tiger Pro 46 and I now have more than enough power to do any thing I want to. I have use 10% and 15% fuel and both worked very well. I have crashed mine several times and I have repaired it and am still flying it after 10 months. One of the guys at the field says" Trainers aren't suppose to do all that."
Old 11-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Iddons

OS40LA on my sons.
10x6 at 12300 rpm.
Fine for standard aeros.
Another friend has the 46Fx on it - that works WELL.