Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Ultimate >

Ultimate

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 07:35 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate

What does everyone thing about the Dave Patrick Ultimate 40 is all it is cracked up to be are what would appreciate some of your opnions
Old 11-17-2003, 07:36 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Ultimate

what motor r u going to do with the baby if you get it? dave p. puts out some good aircarft just don't mention CS
Old 11-17-2003, 07:39 PM

was thinking ys 63 or I already have an os 61 fsr to put on it but I am thinking a 4 stroke would be more suitable for the plane what do you think
Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 PM

What does everyone thing about the Dave Patrick Ultimate 40 is all it is cracked up to be are what would appreciate some of your opnions
Old 11-18-2003, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi freak, i have one with the ys63 inverted...flies great and perfect motor for this plane....[8D]
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I've got one with a Saito 72, and it is a great combo. Very good flying little bipe, with no bad habits. The assembly is great, one of the best ARFs I have built. Very solid plane that will do about anything you want.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:55 PM

I agree. I have a Saito 72 on my DPM Ultimate 40 and it is nearly the perfect engine for the plane. I have also heard the YS 63 is great on it. I love the way the plane fies. It can do everything I can do and then some. Veritcal is unlimited and it will hover at 1/2 throttle. It will also fly quite slowly, not as slow as a fun fly type plane, but still slow. With flaps down it will land at a crawl. You'll love it. Many have had issues with DPM's customer service, I myself have not had any issues with their service though. I ordered my plane and got it in 3 days. In fact they offered me a plane for $225 since they said the cowl had some hair line fractures in it. Since a new cowl was $25 and Sandy said they'd ship it free if I wanted to replace it, I went for it. I couldn't find the cracks in the cowl.

I have found no bad habits. Sure wish it was bigger though, like the Hangar 9 46% Ultimate. We all have to have dreams, right?

I think the .61 2s engine will be too much. This is not a heavy plane. Most are around 5-5.5 pounds. If you go with the 4s engine go with a 13x6 prop on it.

If you get it check out the previous theads here on RCU about the plane. Many of us have relocated the elevator servo to align the pull-pull cables better. It works great and it's very easy to do.