Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ultra Stik 60 servo mounting

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ultra Stik 60 servo mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:12 PM
antman450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Stik 60 servo mounting

i have heard a great deal of people saying that you should mount the rudder and elevator servos in the tail. i want to do this, but I have a few questions.

If I want to set them up with push/pull, do i need to get the two cables and make it pull/pull? Or would it just be fine to use two regular metel control rods, esentially making it push/pull?

I have seen pics using the pull/pull method with the two wires, but is there an advantage to one way over the other?

all your help is greatly appreciated.

Oh. BTW, post some pics if you have them to help me visualize it. Plus I love seeing pics of peoples' airplanes.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:46 PM
swill
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Ultra Stik 60 servo mounting

I mounted mine in the tail. The rudder is pull-pull while the elevator is set up with a metal control rod (2-56 push/pull). The setup works great and the aircraft balances perfectly with the OS 91 FS up front. If you make them pull-pull, then yes, you will need two cables for each servo - one for each side. Do a search on this site for Ultrastick and you'll find pics. I dont have any of my set up but may be able to get them in a day or two.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:31 AM
antman450

Thanks for the help. Is there an advantage to doing th pull/pull thing versus just doing the rudder with push/pull?

Also, i messed up. I glued ont he tail and now it is just a bit off from the wings. I mean they are not perfectly parrallel. I really should have checked it first and done the alignment with sanding or wedges. Do you guys think this will make an big difference int he way it flies. i mean, I really don't know what to do about it now. How could i remove the tail stab?

Oh well.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:12 AM
TD1

I used 2 control rods (2-56) for the rudder with the servo mounted on the back and a 4-40 rod for the elevator. I flown the plane with the original configuration and there was way to much flexing on the elevator and rudder, this configuration makes them more sharpe and dont flex at all. JMHO

Tiago Dias