Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sportsman Waco 60 WARNING!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sportsman Waco 60 WARNING!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:31 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Waco 60 WARNING!

This has been mentioned before but I think it is worth bringing up again.THe Cabanes are different lengths and can result in high plus incidence.NOt every body will think to check the factory parts for incidence.Called company they were aware of this but said this company does that sort of thing,Glad they are so concerned!The other fault I had is that the cabanes had one that was about 3/8"longer than its mate,they offered to replace it but told them simpler to cut and redrill it.Like the plane haven't flown it yet but did lot of bracing on the gear after reading the other posts on that point.Good Luck!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Boss248

Default RE: Sportsman Waco 60 WARNING!

I was going to get one in summer...thanks for the heads up...how does the rest of it shape up...?? any pics would sure be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read my post!! Skip
Old 01-09-2004, 12:07 AM
avngr1

Put some tristock where the top cabine mounting plate attaches to the fire wall and bulkheads. add some to the bottom of the cabine plate to the verticle ply in the gas tank area. support the landing gear plate as well. If you dont the plane may not last long.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:15 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the heads up on the cabane mountings.Didn't add any support to them will have to crawl back in there easier now than when is in lot of pieces.Made major change to my gear braced from gear mount to top ply backbone in 4 places and ran 2 1/4"dowels thru from the firewall thru this to the former at the wing.Hard to work in there got out my mechanics mirror to be able to look around thru that hole in front of the wing.Still think it is a neat plane but like everything isn't perfect but I think worth the effort.From other posts sounds like flys good except for that one poor fellow who tried to fly with the plus incidence and got real bad scare!!Haven't figured out an engine for it would like to avoid cutting the cowl but all my 90 4 strokes look to need that may stay with a 2 stroke 60 and pitts muffler.Only will be used for sport flying so not real concered over vertical etc.preformance.The advantage of this form is that may get some of problems fixed thru the reports from others better than having to learn first hand the weaknesses of a plane.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 PM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Read the other posts... Do the mods stated in them... Have fun... I love the plane...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34247.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	95486