Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

120 Size plane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

120 Size plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 02:17 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120 Size plane

Hey everyone,

I am teaching my girlfriend to fly, and we saw a guy at our field flying a 120 size 4 Star (I think). She really liked that size (please, no comments about "size") of plane and I am looking for a bigger plane for my next one anyway.

Any recommendations for a 120 size? I would like to run a 1.20-1.80 four stroke. Or, even a gas motor would be good.

I'm not looking for something to train her on. So let's hear what you think!

Thanks!

Mike
Old 05-23-2002, 04:54 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default 120 Size plane

spacewalker is a breeze to fly gas or glow greatplanes or sig
lt-40 is but to small for the motors you mentioned
Old 05-23-2002, 11:40 AM
R Plante

Default 120 Size plane

The 120 size 4* flies great wuh a G 23 or a Homelite 25cc conversion. Not as peppy as with a big glow but IMO easier to handle and cheaper to run.Just remember to set the firewall back 1 1/2 inches to allow for the extra wieght of the gasser. It is easier to space the engine out than try to add tail weight to balance it. If you want you can cut off the sides and use a Golberg Chipmonk cowl for a different look.With a Ryobi with the rear carb and muffler there would be even less holes in the cowl.

Randy
Old 06-03-2002, 09:36 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Default 120 size airplane

Mike,

I'm selling a beautiful Cermark Pitts S2B with a new Saito180 installed. The plane has about 5 flights on it. Firewall has been beefed up as needed, a 24 oz tank is installed, servo and control hardware is all upgraded. Just install your own radio/servos/battery/switch and fly. This plane is better than new, engine is new, and at $700, it's cheaper than new with no work needed before flying.
DKjens

MHawker, good catch he he. I've got a 1/3 scale Cap232 (Stan's Fibertech), just missing horizontal stab, that I'm selling for $550.00. It has fiberglass fuse with all stringers installed and wing tube installed, balsa sheeted foam wings and rudder, ailerons ready to be hinged.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:23 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default 120 Size plane

Dk
Thanks for the reply. After doing some research, thinking, etc, I want to go with a gasser for sure. Probably a 1/4 scale cap or extra.

I'll spread the word about your pitts, just in case. Now is it $700 or $700 cheaper than new?

Mike