Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

no more hangar 9

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

no more hangar 9

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 11:42 PM
futaba_pilot45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no more hangar 9

well... i have flown a h-9 ultra stick....from a high....really freaking high... dive @ full throttle.... only to pullout after cutting power the last 100 ft, and my tail didnt break....... but then again im no expert pilot... just a kid (18 flying for 8 yrs) that "bonds and adapts to the plane"... flys great with a supertiger gs .45 with a 11x5 pattern prop.. the only thing i did was cruch the rudder off one day when my hand sliped and my elbow tore it off... so i took my rudder/fin assembly of a old greatplanes .40 uglystick and the silly thing flew even better!! in fact... here's a test for both man and machine.. i dare anyone to fly in a 45+ mph with a "stick" and land 3 pts touch down/centerline... (gota love the spoiler function on the 6xas!!!) ( a rain storm suddenly developed while i was flying and at 45+mph rain is tough to see in alone... i have had a gift for getting out of bad situations... i just hope that it continues...) needles to say other then my accidential breaking of parts cleaning and packing my plane up i have never had a failure due to structural design....
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 AM
ghenson
My Feedback: (68)

I think autoguns is on to something. If you cut into the wood at all when you removing the covering on the stab, it will weaken it and can cause it to fail.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:35 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

I do not know about any body else but I have a H9 cap one of the Chapman colors have been flying it for 3 years with out a problem.I allso bought a Jr computer radio at a flea market last year used it for a month and it smoked one day at the field .Called them up about repairing it was given a fair price sent it to them ,they returned it in about a week and have not had a problem since.So I have nothing but good to say about H9 and their products and their customer service
Old 04-30-2005, 04:33 PM
bblairflyer

Just a quick thought on horizon and hanger 9 cust. service. I have several of there products from boats to planes.I have had several dealings with horizon they do try to act like it is your fault most of the time but , as with any company they want to keep costs down, there are two downsides to this, one is they are less likely to say o.k. we will send you a new one, two the hardware on most ARF's are second best. They know they are putting second rate hardware in these planes so they should not act so suprised when customers have trouble.Why not put better hardware in them from the get go. Most people would pay alittle more for a better product. I know horizon employyes read alot of these posts. so they should pay attention to the negative posts. If every product on the morket was 100% we would not need this forum site. So please keep up the negative posts if a product warrents it. That is the only way to let others now wich products are good and wich are junk and wich ones the company needs to take a second look at.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:54 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, I have had nothing but good dealings with H9 products.

H9 Extra Easy (my original trainer) too many flights to count by many people 5 years old
H9 Cherokee lost after 20+ flights, my fault folded the wing on an outside loop.
H9 Super Cub approximately 40+ flights
H9 Funtana 40 70+ flights
H9 Corsair 10 - 15 flights before I STALLED IT on landing. Plane flew very light. Didn't like the plane.
H9 Funtana 90 #1 went in on maiden flight (aileron servo output shafts failed), Horizon replaced everything: plane, engine and serviced the servos.
H9 Funtana 90 #2 Switched out servos from JR DS811 to Hitec 5625. 40+ flights

Everyone will have both good and bad experiences with a vendor. Most of the major vendors Horizon and Tower for the most part will give descent service. Some days better than other days. I have had great luck dealing with Horizon. I fly JR equipment half my fleet is H9. The only time people should speak of "Bad" service is when they have problems with some of the little guys in the RC world. The big guys will have their good days and bad, but if a person has major problems with the little guy, then that should be brought to the attention of the forum.

Just my $.02 worth

Lee
Old 04-30-2005, 08:33 PM
rcjon

Default RE: Hill202

I've belonged to Flying Griffins for 2 years, even flew there twice. ( My folks live in Brooks.) Nice haul from Fairburn, huh?

I bought an Ultra Stick from H9 last year. Found a cracked rib upon unpacking. Called and they immediately sent a whole new wing set, no questions asked.

jon
Old 04-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Tsutomu Mabuchi
My Feedback: (1)

I have H9 P-51 and AT-6.
P-51 has Saito FA-100Ti and AT-6 YS91AC on it.
Both fly great and are strong enough, however I reinforced their firewalls
before assembling and made sure not to cut the wood when I peeled the
covering of the tail area off where they would be glued to the fuselage.
And I used enough epoxy to glue them. That's it.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 05-01-2005, 12:27 AM
luc-RCU

I too have the p-51 MA and the AT-6, electric converted... great kits.
I just reinforced the firewall and didn't peel the covering on the stab to avoid cutting the balsa.
No problem at all
I am expecting theP-40
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80291.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	265237  
Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Petty200

My experience in life has tought me that, no matter how good or bad a company is, the way in which you communicate with a support person will greatly affect the manner in which you are treated. No matter if it is a small business or a corporation, I almost always get more than what is reasonable to expect. Be nice, no agression - no matter you feelings. You might just be amazed. 'Nuff said.

Safe Flying!

BTW - I like H9 products and will keep supporting them. Been a customer of theirs for more than 12 years.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well said and excellent advice.

More people having an "issue" with a product or service should try this approach. The should also be honest if they contributed to the fault. We are all human and make mistakes. Being humble about the issue usually enhances a helpful attitude.

Some time ago I tripped and fell on my just completed Sig Sukhoi while carrying it into my living room. When I called Sig to inquire about the cost of parts, we had a good laugh about my bumble footedness. They FedEx'ed overnight a complete fuselage, all hardware and tail kit for around $100.00. The Sukhoi made it's maiden flight several weeks later.

That is great customer service based on my error. Some club members thought it was silly of me for not claiming the fuse broke on a good landing (how often have we heard that one).

Being honest will go many miles.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28115.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	265700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86559.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	265701  
Old 05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Y N C

Default RE: Hill202

Thank goodness there still honest people like you around Dick. I have the same Sukhoi many landings had'nt broken anything yet.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
pierocapredoni

Hi to all, I've flown my funtana 40 first time in the morning, pretty good plane but the carbon rods that supports the tail gone off in the first snap roll. The tail fluttered and i crashed the plane. No more Funtanas to me. set up? standard two servos for the tail an OS 70 Surpass with 13x4 APC.