Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Model Tech P-47 ARF

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Model Tech P-47 ARF

Old 04-14-2003, 02:49 PM
tlroliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Tech P-47 ARF

Interested in comments and suggestions about the Model Tech P-47 ARF.
Especially finished weight, your engine choices and subsequent performance. I am looking for scale like performance, not a warbird that will hover! So I don't want it to be over powered. If I keep it light, I am hoping an OS .61SF with a Pitts muffler will be adequate since I have one in stock waiting for an airplane.

I am a little concerned about grass field operation. the wheels look a little small...almost too small and non-scale in the pictures I have seen. I do want to use the retracts so this may not even be worth thinking about, but I am wondering about the feasablility of going to bigger wheels if necessary.

This plane looks to beg for a touch of added scale detail (like LG struts and gear doors) so I would also be interested in any ideas for that too.

Thanks in Advance.