Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Saito 100 under H9 P-51 .60 Cowling?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Saito 100 under H9 P-51 .60 Cowling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:32 PM
sdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 100 under H9 P-51 .60 Cowling?

Any suggestions for configuing a Saito 100 4C engine under this ARF's cowling? I know I'll need to invert it and cut a hole for the valve covers, but what have people done for glow starter and muffler arrangements? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
JAkridge

Default RE: Saito 100 under H9 P-51 .60 Cowling?

I have a Saito 91 in mine and it fits very well. The 100 will also fit. It will just take more of hole size in the bottom of the cowling. The muffler will be the same. As for the glow starter I installed a Sullivan remote with a 90 deg. bracket on the firewall and cut a small hole to get the igniter to the remote plug adapter.
Good Luck...If you want some pic's let me know and I'll post some.

P.S. It will fly very well with the 100 as the 91 is just there.. I slowed the plane down a little after installing new retracts ( extra weight).
Old 03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 100 puts off a LOT of heat. it burned the covering off the side of my h9 mustang (heat from the muffler), and heat from the engine burned the covering off the front of the plane. i had to recover the front of my mustang. was NOT running lean- at least according to the saito jocks at my field it "sounded great" and ran well once i got it started. so be sure to give it plenty of cooling air.

the st g90 way outperforms the 100 in this plane but that's another story.

ed
Old 03-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I installed a Dubro remote safety igniter on the side of the fuselage above the front of the wing. You just slide the door open and insert your heater and you are ready to go. You just run the wire through the fuselage up to the engine and clip it on the glow plug. It makes a very clean installation and keeps your hands well away from the prop. The little door on the side also keeps the dirt out. You can see the Dubro saftey remote on my plane in this picture. I have used this setup on all of my cowled engines and it works very well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38736.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	115148