Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Dragon Lady ARF - Bad rap on covering - no more >

Dragon Lady ARF - Bad rap on covering - no more

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Dragon Lady ARF - Bad rap on covering - no more

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragon Lady ARF - Bad rap on covering - no more

Just bought a new DL and thought some would like to know the covering job is fantastic!! Two very small wrinkles gone with a light touch of the iron. Label on the box sez Topflite Monokote. Love it.

Some of you guys that still have the posts on RCU about the old crappy covering need to remove them. Looks you bad mouthed them into doing a first rate job.

Has anyone used a Magnum 1.08 in one of these? Having a problem making the muffler fit without doing a hachet job on the cowl. Know of different muffler that would work??
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragon Lady ARF - Bad rap on covering - no more

Dr Pepper,
If the Magnum 1.08 is the same physical size as the .91 round head, and the muffler mounting screw-hole pattern is the same, a Bisson pitts syle muffler may fit. The J'Tech muffler requires the cowl to be hacked out at the front. I found the Mag .91, turning a APC 14x 7, using 5% Omega and a sonic tronics plug, gives my DL exceptional performance. (After adding two more lightening holes in each wing half and replacing the 3 oz ailerons with balsa 1/2 oz ailerons.) The weight is now 9.0 pounds. Other stuff was done.
Incidently, someone mentioned the DL is made of balsa. It is not! It is sheeted with a wood native to China which is similar to Obeche (except for the tail feathers). That's why covering is so difficult to iron on.
Regards,
DrGO