Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

30% Goldberg Ultimate ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

30% Goldberg Ultimate ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 10:41 PM
vica6m5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30% Goldberg Ultimate ?

Any body hear anything about this arf? See it fly or any reports on it ?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: 30% Goldberg Ultimate ?

I got one. Have a Brison 4.2 on it. Nice plane. Rolls are QUICK on high rates, tumbles are fast. I would suggest you do a little surgery on the elevator to stab connection, the way the factory has them, it limits travel to only 45 degrees. I am seriously considering placing a ZDZ-80 on it now. I think C.G. Is being a little on the conservative side with the 4.2 ci.or 68cc suggestion.

Also reinforce plywood under the landing gear connections.

You'll love it. 3D machine.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:58 PM
rongreg13
My Feedback: (129)

I LOVE my big Ultimate. I also have a Brison 4.2 in mine which swings a Menz 24x8 prop. This is MORE than enough power for the airframe as it is much lighter than I had expected. The plane handles just like you'd expect from any Ultimate, only much more stable than the smaller planes. I also made the modifications to the stab/elevators and the plane is now in the shop getting a new firewall setup. My firewall started to bow and debond, but luckily I found it in time before it separated from the airplane! I heard from another guy here on RCU that also had firewall issues, so make sure to beef it up as much as possible. Other than that, I have not had any quality problems other than the relatively soft wing bolt mounting plate. You need to get some large washers in there as the bolts will crush the wood very easily when attaching the wing. The plane builds quite light for its size and has phenominal wing loading and great lift/drag characteristics for a bipe. Mine glides quite well--much better than either of my DP Ultimates or the smaller Goldberg ever did. Overall, a great all-around aircraft, although CG's asking price is a bit high for what you get in my opinion. That being said, I love the plane and once I fix the firewall, it will take back its place as my favorite weekend flier.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:36 PM
vica6m5
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the reply guy's Vic G