Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Don't get screwed like I did.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Don't get screwed like I did.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 AM
flynfishr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't get screwed like I did.

On Aug. 2nd I paid Golden State RC, owned by Terry Holland, $189 for a Saito 40. I bought it through his website, paid with paypal right then and have not gotten a single thing since. They will not respond to email or answer the phone.
I filed a dispute with paypal, they claim they will try to get my money back, but I really doubt it will happen.
They appear to be a legit company, very nice website, all kinds of money back guarantees if you are not happy and a 48 hr shipping policy.
Beware of Golden State RC!!
[&o]
Any ideas on retribution?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:30 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Don't get screwed like I did.

A Molotov Cocktail sounds nice ... hehehee ...
Old 08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Where do they advertise? You might contact those folks and let them know what is going on as it reflects on them also.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Jimmbbo

You can also forward transaction information to his state's Attorney General... You may not be the first...

Cheers!

Jim
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Stamper
My Feedback: (9)

Wait, you paid thru Paypal, so it went on your credit card??? If so then dispute it with your CC company. I had to do this a few times on ebay for never getting a shipment. Paypal wont do crap for you. Your CC company should take care of you.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stamper

Wait, you paid thru Paypal, so it went on your credit card??? If so then dispute it with your CC company. I had to do this a few times on ebay for never getting a shipment. Paypal wont do crap for you. Your CC company should take care of you.
Except that the default method of payment for Paypal is direct from your bank account. Paypal knows how to make sure they don't get screwed. You have to pay extra to use your credit card with Paypal. They have their PHD in "nobody screws me".
Old 08-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Stamper
My Feedback: (9)

I guess it's been a while since I had to use Paypal. I was unverified only up to a certain amount.
Lesson learned I guess. I hate disputing things on a credit card, but I guess it is a way to protect yourself in the future. Dont waste too much time worrying. Do what ya can to get the money back and move on. $189 is a lot of money, but not that much in the grand scheme of things. Take it as a lesson, get a new engine and have fun.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
flyn4Him

flynfishr, I had to dispute a payment I made on an item I had won on ebay last year. Paypal got my money back within several days and placed a hold on the "jerks" account so he couldn't use it until my money was returned. The dispute could only be removed by me, so when my money was returned the "ban" was lifted. Give Paypal a chance. Hope you resolve your issues with Golden Gate. Take care and keep us posted.

In Christ,

Joel Chavez
Old 08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Checklst

Thanks for the heads up I guess I got lucky I ordered a ARF from them and got in about 3 weeks. Thay are SLOW!!!!!!AND DON'T like answering their phone.

I will taking them off my bookmark because their are a lot of good Companys out hear that apprecate our business without messing will slow or no ship people.

Good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 04:58 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Stamper

Except that the default method of payment for Paypal is direct from your bank account. Paypal knows how to make sure they don't get screwed. You have to pay extra to use your credit card with Paypal. They have their PHD in "nobody screws me".
When I setup my Paypal account, I made sure that I used a credit card as payment for this very reason. Paypal should be able to do something about that.

Hope you get your money back. Are you sure the motor is not on back order? If/when you get your money back buy a Saito 40 from www.hobbyhorse.com
I bought a Saito 40 from here and it was received within the week. Free shipping and great service for $179.99. I bought some servos from them before also. They even called me when they were out of a particular item and asked if I would like to substitute another item in it's place. Plus they sent me some free CA glue as a gift for doing business with them. Great shop.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Raybow

Hi

Get in touch with TONY SOPRANO he will sort him out!!

Ray
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
flynfishr

Thanks for the help. I hope this company comes through but I really hope paypal does the right thing. Golden State RC's web site infers an endorsement by paypal, and I really have never seen a ccompany with so many assurances that the buyer will be safe.
Maybe thats part of the scam, I felt great placing my order.
Live and learn.
I will update this thread as things progress.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Oregon Craig

Let's start placing bets. I'll bet that you WILL get it, just not as fast as you would have liked. I'll even predict that this thread ends with you saying that maybe you spoke too soon, and the product was very nice indeed, even if it was delivered late. [8D]
Old 08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
flynfishr

Hey N7OR,
I'd be willing to take a bet, what do say $25? I'll paypal you the minute I get my hands on the engine.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:15 PM
flynfishr

Oh ya, we had better set a deadline. What do think is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a product that was guaranteed to be shipped in 48 hours? A month? Two months?
How about we say one month since that is the Paypal deadline to file a dispute or your SOL.
That would be Sept. 2nd.
Let me know.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:33 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Remember....... The important thing is THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY !