Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Best way to repair Sig 1/4 scale Cap wing.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Best way to repair Sig 1/4 scale Cap wing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:10 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to repair Sig 1/4 scale Cap wing.

I was doing a low high speed pass over the runway when I smacked a wooden pole I couldn't see with my left wing. Not knowing what happened and only noticing a sudden yaw and roll trim change I pulled up and went around for a landing. I landed safely and was shocked to see half an aileron dangling from the servo and the wingtip completely gone. The wing is shredded from the third rib out. I don't know how it flew like that... I will post a picture as soon as I can find my camera.

Anyway, what’s the best way to repair this? The third rib and everything towards the center is OK, everything towards the tip, about 6 or 7 inches is shredded. Can this be repaired to withstand High-G maneuvers without redoing the whole wing?
Old 08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
flyinrain
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best way to repair Sig 1/4 scale Cap wing.

You might be best to buy a wing kit from Sig. It sounded severe enough that to do it yourself would require getting a drawing of the wing. You need a diagram of the ribs so you can cut new ones out and see where they go.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:30 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best way to repair Sig 1/4 scale Cap wing.

Buy a new one as mentioned. They run around $100or so. Check your wing saddle area for cracks too. This is a known problem area (yes I have one of these and bought a new wing kit for it).