Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

global fokker d- V-11

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

global fokker d- V-11

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 12:30 AM
flyman1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default global fokker d- V-11

NEED INFO ---- THINKING ABOUT GLOBAL FOKKER V-11 ARF, WOULD LIKE ANY COMMENTS, PRO- CON, WOULD STANDARD SERVOS FIT AND WHAT ENGINE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND.
THANKS
LEN LOGUN
Old 09-16-2002, 11:02 PM
wildthng

I just got one and am putting a 61 magnum 4 stroke in it and standard servos.Glued the wings together last nite.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:13 PM
flyman1
My Feedback: (1)

Default fokker-d-v11

wildthing;
would like to hear from you, when you get done and fly it. i have a enya 53. that iwould use. please let me know how it all came out and what you think
thanks
flyman1
Old 09-18-2002, 02:01 AM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

If you can get your hands on the May 2002 issue of R/C Report, there is a great construction article in it of this aircraft. I have one still in the box, it was on sale, because my buddy had one and it flew beautifully with a Magnum .52FS. Like the article, he said to get all the aileron throw you can get, even go so far as to have ailerons on both wings. Enjoy your plane, mine is a winter project.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:04 PM
autopilot

Default D7

I DID have one until I deadsticked it and broke the fuselage in half and right now I really don't want to repair it with the good weather here and other planes to fly. Good construction & covering. You do need to go extreme on the ailerons. I had a Magnum 52 in mine and wouldn't hesitate putting a 61 2 stroke in it instead.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:36 AM
wildthng

I worked on it today and had some problems i had to fix.The right wing saddle had to be built up almost a 1/16 to let the fuselage to set sqaure to the wing.This had to be done before anything else could be done.I got as far as putting on the caben and N strutts and the stab pieces.Its a neat little airplane that i'm really looking forward to flying.