Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Lanier Stinger 60

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Lanier Stinger 60

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Screamin_Injun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Stinger 60

Has anybody had a Lanier Stinger in the 60 size? I am stepping up from a World Hobbies Sky Raider Mach II and want to know if this plane will give me more room to play. [&:]
Old 09-15-2004, 04:08 PM
AcroJo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lanier Stinger 60

I had one, the plane is a real floater, but thats about it. Needs lots of coupling in the tail to pull off a knife edge or just a simple rudder turn. On rudder application it would drop the opposite wing, which is the usual result of a large rudder that is too tall. Also on rudder application it dove to the wheels pretty good. Made it very interesting in a cross wind landing. My biggest problem was after every outing, something had to be glued back together. Servo tray, turtle deck, curved part over the fuel tank area, sheeting on the sides as well as the bottom, servo support blocks. I could go on and on. I still have the pilots compartment on my desk. Did a nice custom interior, aluminum instrument panel, tuck and roll seat and panels. They say the 120s perform better and are of better quality. 1 to 10 I would give it a 3. Good luck, Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96283.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	173693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11803.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	173694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19383.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	173695  
Old 09-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Screamin_Injun

Thanks for the info. I have mine over 80% finished. Seems to be as strong as balsa can get. Friend of mine had one years ago and said they were good planes. Said they had improved upon the design a lot...we will see. Ill post pics of her when shes flight ready. Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I have the next step up a giant stinger and with a 3w 60 its a terrifc plane and I can only imagine the 60 is a good flyer..guy says it floats..but in my experience so far it handles well and yes you can ev en learn to hover...