Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Dihedral angle for Kyosho Sensation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Dihedral angle for Kyosho Sensation

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 04:26 PM
HPeterW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dihedral angle for Kyosho Sensation

I recently bought the discontinued ARF-kit "Sensation 1400", a Hanno Prettner design, from Kyosho.

The text on the box says that the plane is a "Multi Purpose Design", meaning that the dihedral angle can be set from "zero" for F3A training to an increased value according to skill and experience.

The instruction manual, however, doesn't mention anything about this, and the wing is already prepared with a small angle (I estimated a little more than 2 inches measured at the wingtip).

Is it safe, and worthwhile, in terms of flight characteristics, to reduce the dihedral angle on a .40-sized F3A training plane like the Sensation?

regards/ Peter
Old 11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
maxli1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dihedral angle for Kyosho Sensation

I lost my Sensation three weeks ago due to an on-board battery failure. It really hurted me since this is the very best airplane I owned ever. It flew very true and graceful.

If I remember correctly, I had my dihedral setup followed the building instruction, which is close to flat on the top side--and had no gap on bottom side while epoxy two wing panels together. (I had the same question you have but could not get any answer from Kyosho's customer support.) I had a Saito 91 on the nose, which is too much power and a bit nose heavy, but it could still glider quite loong and flat. With that power, it can pull a half knife-edge and had no pitching (pull to either canopy or bottom side). (I was thinking about using a lighter engine to see whether it could do a knife-edge loop.)

Enjoy yours!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42635.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	191684