Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

westonuk groove freestyle

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

westonuk groove freestyle

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
sdwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: westonuk groove freestyle

Dave - yep
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Dave03B

I think that's the same one that I've just bought with a T1 for my Madness2. I may well have the same ground clearance issues.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Garikoitz

Hi Siclick33,

I think that the APC 12x6 is the best prop for pattern for the OS 50 with pipe. Try using 10% nitro to see what happens. Anyway, verify the tunning of the engine.

Garikoitz
Old 09-01-2005, 03:52 AM
hyper man

The pipe you have with the outlet at the front and pointing down is the correct pipe for the west 50 T1. They use to be rear outlets but the front outlet gives better performance. If You cut down the outlet do not fear about cutting the genesis outlet as this is fixed at the base. You will have to damage something before the pipe hits the ground. As for the noise you can play with props to get the noise to the required level. Just enjoy flying it.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Robbiemeek

I have been flying the groove since last year and have never had any clearance problems with the genesis pipe. I have replaced the undercarrage for the carbon type and this 'gives' a little more on landing and have still had no problems until Friday, I let someone else have a go and land it! I have my groove cg set at 170mm and the plane flies very well, only that on landings it doesn't always sink when I bleed off the speed on approaches, I have to put a touch of down in to get the desent right and then flair. The person who landed my groove on Friday let it almost stop before the stall over the strip and it came down on a bump a little heavy and broke the outlet backwards. I was able to bend it back and flew it but I seem to have lost power so the genesis system may have been damaged. I will speek to weston on Monday.
Garikoitz I think the genesis will make a big difference, try to tune your low end idle mix as well to help you get that instant transition when it is fitted. Yes it will be a bit louder than a standard muffler but that is the price to pay for extra power!! I don't think the pipe is that loud as I manage the throttle in flight I am not using full throttle all the time, even in a prop hang I am only using half.
I love this plane and set up!!
Old 09-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Dave03B

I now have the T1/Genesis setup in my WMP Madness2. I previously had an irvine 53 with 12.25x3.75. It needed 90%+ to maintain the hang, with none left to pull out. The west is turning the 12.25x3.75 at 13,400, and will hold the model's own weight at around 1/3rd power!! (i'm a happy chappy!)

Awesome setup! I can see why it's a good match for the groove!

What's the dry weight of the groove with the t1?

Cheers,
Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Garikoitz

Hi Siclick33 and Rob

I've my genesis pipe at home, and when i went to install it i realiced that i needed an extension muffler to fit it without hiting the fuselage. I've bought the OS #873 muffler extensions, but i need 1/2 inches more to clear the pipe. How did you install it in your OS, could you put some photographs.

Thanks in advance

Garikoitz
Old 05-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Andrenigge

Hi,
has anyone placed a OS 91 FX on his groove???? IĀ“m gonna do that, I think it will be great for 3D, what prop should I use on the groove, does a 15x4W fit or will it hit the ground???

mfg AndrƩ
Old 05-23-2006, 06:07 AM
sdwood

Andrenigge,

91 FX - that's a lot of engine for a 40/50 size plane ;-) I'm running a 13" on mine (west 50) and it is a challenge to land it and keep it running (for me anyway) with the CF landing gear....

Also you might have to mount the servos in the rear rather than pull-pull - but you probbly got that covered already.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:50 PM
dorgand

91FX will be way over the top for this airframe. The extra weight will make it fly like a pig I would imagine. On a West 50 with a Genesis pipe, 12.25x3.75 APC prop, it prop hangs on just over half power, and pulls away with plenty of power.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
sdwood

Darren,

Do you happen to know how many dBs your set up is producing - I'm currently running 13x6 to keep it low (strict 82 limit at the club) however if the 12.25x3.75 comes in under that would be a much better match.

Cheers

Simon
Old 07-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Andrenigge

My OS 91FX is now bought and fitted, I will fly it at the weekend. I think the weight is not such a problem, the 91FX is almost the same weight as a OS 61FX, the 91FX is only 50g more. Somebody put a 61FX in the Groove,right? So I think the 91FX will be great. IĀ“ve got two servos in the tail for the elevator so I hope the c.g. will fit. I will order a genesis pipe for this motor next month, but the loudness isnĀ“t a problem here, we have no db restriktion. I will tell you when I made the first flights.

greetz from germany[8D]
Old 07-20-2006, 03:42 PM
dorgand

Sorry no idea what ours is putting out - certainly a noticeable difference though
Old 09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Andrenigge

IĀ“ve done the first flights with the OS 91FX and the Groove flies great. I can imagine that the groove would fly better when itĀ“s less weight but my groove is able to fly so slow, slow enough, and the power - wooow!!! I will tell you more when I made some more flights.

greetz, AndrƩ

I forgot, I put a Synergy Landing gear under my groove, the original was to small for the props you need for the 91FX
Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
h4rsx1

Hi Guys,

Just bought one of these beauties and just in the process of assembling it.

Unfortunately mine came with no instructions, and i've only just read some of the earlier posts which made me realise that i'm missing them.

Would anybody happen to have them as a pdf file or something? or know where I can get them?

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks

Harsh
Old 03-05-2007, 04:26 AM
dorgand

I'm sure if you contact Weston UK directly, they'll sory something out for you - they're a helpful bunch of guys.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 PM
malar67

Hi all,

Well I built my Groove last year with an Irvine 53, but was unable to fly it :-( This year I would like to convert to Electric.

As a newbe to electric flight can anyone give me any clues on Engine type, Lipo Size, and Speed Controller Size ?

Was looking at something like a AXI 4130/16 would that be too big or too small :-) (Newbe :-) )