Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Have .91FS that needs a home.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Have .91FS that needs a home.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:04 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have .91FS that needs a home.

Firstly, Merry Christmas to all. Wishing you and yours health and safety.

Ok, now back to business. I was strongly considering a Model Tech P47 to match up with my new Mag .91 Four Stroker, but have recently been reading a lot of rather negative things about it which has kind of spooked me (weak retracts, bad covering, small wheels etc). Anyhow, I need an alternative suggestion. I like planes with wide wingspans, preferably a warbird (maybe should have posted in Warbird forum) maybe something with flaps, under 300.00 and of course an ARF.

thanks.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Have .91FS that needs a home.

World Models .60 size P-51D or VQ P-40 fit the bill. Both have flaps and fly great with the Magnum .91FS.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:02 PM
LuckyArmpit

Cruz, how about a bipe? Would sound really good with that 4 stroker you got.

Dave...
Old 12-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Well, if you werent set on a warbird, I would suggest an Ultra Stick 60. Great match for the Magnum .91FS in my opinion. Loved mine!
Old 12-24-2004, 07:44 AM
hgiles
My Feedback: (4)

You might consider using it (Magnum .91FS) in the .40 Dymond Bearcat or a WM .60 Zero too... Almost forgot if you like wide wingspans then you might consider the 1/5 Kangke Monocoupe at 76" -- a big plane!
Old 12-24-2004, 07:51 AM
cruzomatic

Great suggestions. Interesting, I was just on World Models website about 2 minutes ago looking at the 60 size Zero ARF.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:46 AM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Adrian

First of all merry Christmas and I hope you have a nice holiday season. I know you love warbirds but check out one of these planes. I got the 66 inch extra and it was the nicest flying plane that I ever owned. Take a look at www.vectorflight.com the 66 inch extra or edge would be a nice plane for that engine. I had the extra with my TT 91 on it and it was a great plane to fly. I had around 250+ flights on it when I lost it to a bad RX battery. The H-9 ultra stick 60 is another nice plane that I fly with an OS 91 4 stroke. I really didn't like the looks of the stick but got it in a trade deal ready to fly. I took it out to the field and had about as much fun as I have ever had flying a plane. I liked it so much that I bought the 120 lite and am going to put a zenoah g-26 gasser on it. What planes are you flying right now? Try one of the VF planes I can tell you from experience that you won't be sorry also they are priced great too. Keep in touch.

Rick
Old 12-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

Great suggestions. Interesting, I was just on World Models website about 2 minutes ago looking at the 60 size Zero ARF.
The WM Zero 60 should fly very well with the Magnum .91. The cowl looks short though, so I'm not sure if there is enough distance between the firewall and the front of the cowl to house the engine.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:57 AM
cruzomatic

Hey Rick,

Nice to hear you chime in. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well and thanks for safeguarding our Country.

I'm currently flying the H9 F4U, H9 AT-6, GP Cub (pics soon to come) and the trusty ol' 4*60. Also, have a few electrics but they haven't seen much action lately.