Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Lanier Edge 540T elevator servo reverser?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Lanier Edge 540T elevator servo reverser?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 06:05 PM
jjmiller1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Edge 540T elevator servo reverser?

I'm wondering how long my aileron and elevator (In the tail) servo extensions have to be, and do I need a Y with Reverser for the elevators?

Thanx in advance, JJ
Old 09-02-2002, 09:08 PM
bluemax1

I used 24 inch leads with no reverser just a straight Y. The elevators servos are mounted one high on one side and the other low on the other side so the push rods are approximately on the same line down the fuselage.

Hope it helps
Old 09-03-2002, 09:43 AM
jjmiller1

Thanx, you saved me $15 and a trip to the lhs. Did you upgrade the hardware? I've ordered 4-40 rods & clevises, but I'm hoping the kits horns are adequate (haven't seen them yet).

JJ
Old 09-03-2002, 09:56 AM
bluemax1

Yes I did upgrade the hardware. I used the Du-bro threaded rod type with 4/40 rods and clevises.

I also used a fiberglass landing gear I got from Dymond R/C on it, it is much stronger than the kit original.

Don't ask how it flys, it hasn't and may not. I have had 3 huge engine problems. Number 3 engine is on it now and quit 8 feet after takeoff on it's first flight. About a day's worth of damage. I don't think I'm going to fool around with it any more. This saga of engine problems and not flying has been going on for almost a year.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:30 PM
jjmiller1

Bummer, which engines are giving you all the grief?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:38 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

A 24 inch extention twisted is what I would recommend. If you don't have a computer radio and what to reverse direction, I would use a Hitec one one side and Futaba on the other and make sure that the speed of the servos are about the same.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:18 AM
bluemax1

The first Saito 180 siezed after about 45 seconds of break in, about 4 to 5 K. Sent it back to Horizon, they fixed it and offered to break it in for me. It siezed on them. They sent a new one.

The new one was broken in for at least 1 gallon at 4 to 5K. I Mounted but I could not get it to idle. Biggest problem was the idle mixture screw was blocked buy the Slimline muffler. Just couldn't get it to do anything right. The kit supplied tank also leaked very badly at the stopper.

The last engine, with a new tank installed was the MDS 148 out of my Extra 300 from last year. Yes I have a MDS that gave me a good season with no problems. It does have an ASP carb. Anyway we had it doing pretty well on the ground, so I went for it. It took off before the engine reached 1/2 then silence. It came down hard on the gear. The gear came out and the firewall wall broke clean off.

Anyway I'm not going to fool with it again, the hobby is supposed to be fun, right. OS 46s and small 4 cycles always run and are cheaper on fuel. Going back to small airplane for awhile.

Oh by the way where do you fly, I am just up the road from LITH and fly with the Eagles