Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ??? >

Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:29 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ???

Ive been looking at a Raidentech P-51 Double Trouble plane .Been thinking about buying one but .. Are they a P.O.S. ?? Now dont jump in and say their not scale im sure there not . And ill bet the retracts are garbage .And im sure you throw out the hardware and get good stuff but im asking has any body flown one ?? Do they fly like a brick ?? Bad tendencies ?? Tip stalls on landing ? Not very Durable ?? Can see at www.raidentech.com Are they worth the $120 ??
Thoughts ??
Old 03-02-2005, 06:42 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ???

You get what you pay for. Understand that you are buying a generic plane from a company that has a history of poor customer service. Expect mediocre fit and finish and don't be surprised when the covering starts peeling off. However, it will probably fly ok and it should be fun.

I just got one of its little brothers, a .45 size from an auction. I took a quick look at it when it arrived today. Looks like a World Models knock off, but the quality of the fit and finish nowhere near as nice. I just finished assembling the WM P-51, so it's easy to make direct comparisons.

I view the WM as my "nice" plane, and the clone will be a "beater". If I were going for a .61 size, and I wanted a "nice" plane, I would choose something with a name brand. I looked at the WM .61 P-51s but decided to drop down a size the the .45s instead. I like the fact that the WM comes with flaps. I don't think they are listed on the clones.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Raidentech Double Trouble P-51 60 size ???

Hey Piper thanks for the reply ..WM P-51 46 size Very nice plane AA Plus .I had one but my buddy just had to own it and made me an offer I couldnt refuse . I now would like a 60 size . I was thinking about the raiden one for if it flys nice ild like to strip it and do a Tuskegee thing to it . I suppose if the covering peels it would be helping me ..L.O.L...Does it have REAL covering or sticky back Garbage ?? Basically if it was a good flying design that didnt have to be landed at 80 mph and wouldnt snap in 10 pieces if i flew it a little hard ild be happy .I just dont have alot of time to sit down and do a Top Flight kit or something ..