Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Anyone with a Kyosho SU31 I need your help

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Anyone with a Kyosho SU31 I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:06 PM
weskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a Kyosho SU31 I need your help

I am repairing a crashed Kyosho Sukhoi Su-31 that I got from a friend, I need some pictures of teh inside of the fuselage from the wing attach bolts to as far forward as you can take the pictures.

I didnt build the plane so I need a visual assistance.

Thanks in advance

Weskel
Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 AM
MurDev
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone with a Kyosho SU31 I need your help

I don't think you can order the plans from Kyosho...Sorry, I didn't take any interior pictures of mine, and can only guide you from memory. The essential thing would be first to create the circular firewall (which you'll need the cowl to draw out to fit) from 1/4 inch ply. As I recall, triangle stock was used to beef up the surface area connecting the cowl to the sides of the fuse; but glued to the sides of the fuse, and I remember a second, smaller 1/4 ply circular piece which mated to the firewall, just the difference in diameter of the width of that triangle stock. There was an approximately 1/2 inch hole dead center in cowl and ply doubler piece for the fuel lines. On the top was sheeted balsa, over 1/4 balsa stringers which should match what you have, if you have anything left which touches the dashboard. The toughest part to duplicate would be the large curved, shaped balsa blocks in front of the landing gear. Best way I guess would be to remember they carry the shape of the formers (which of course are all circular), but have a channel on the bottom approx 1 1/4" or so wide, by maybe 3/4" high, by the distance from the front of the landing gear to the firewall. If you have any pieces left, try to plot out that channel, and then you would get a much better orientation of what it should look like. The channel is the toughest part to visualize if you've never seen it, and the key to getting everything to fit. The sides would look like large triangular stock, like maybe 1" by 1", but with the bottom curved and having iron on film. Hope this helps. JM