Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Help me decide for a plane >

Help me decide for a plane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Help me decide for a plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide for a plane

Hi all,
A plane will be given to me by a friend as a gift. The problem is that I don’t know what to ask. I fly a Four Star .40 and I am very happy with it. I am not an experience flyer. My new planes must have these specifications:
It has to be
an ARF
a low-wing or mid-wing
a taildrager
.40 or .60
a solid construction with a strong landing gear - if you see me landing you’ll understand
stable and easy to handle at windy days - all days are windy at my field
user friendly - not much harder to fly than my 4* .40
made for fun – not for shaking knees
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me decide for a plane

you need to go to the world models web site www.worldmodels.com USA distributor www.airborne-models.com

they have several models The kits are all ARF they come with everything you need. Superb quality covering and air frame i have four of there models they are all great.
Try out the super Chipmunk .60 size comes with fixed or retracts gear. There pattern planes are great but are fast. Groovy is another great plane so is the intruder, the extra 300 and all the war birds are superb you cannot go wrong for the price and what you get. You will not be dissapointed.

My latest edition is the Extra 300 1.60 size in red won the FMT eagle award for engine powered models.

Let me know what you decide.

zain
Old 05-15-2005, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help me decide for a plane

WM makes good stuff ... I love the Super Chipmunk, its a great plane for you to move on to after your 4* if you want aerobatic planes. If not you got your 3D stuff ... there are tons of it. Look at a few others like:

Fliton Extra 330 (its a big 40 sized plane that flies extremely well)
H9 Funtana (lovely especially the 90 sized one)
H9 Aresti (nice low wing pattern plane)
GP Shoestring Racer (I love this plane, if only it were cheaper here)

For me personally I will stay clear of GP planes (I am gonna get flamed for this), the quality is not that great compared with planes from H9 and worse of all in my part of the world it costs almost double of what you guys get in the US. H9 is about the same for us here.

More importantly, what sort of flying do you want? Scale warbirds, pattern, 3D, aerobatic or artistic aerobatics ...