Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ARF P-51 Mustang-Chinese

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ARF P-51 Mustang-Chinese

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
tozdezignz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF P-51 Mustang-Chinese

G'day everyone
I just purchased a 60 size ARF P-51 mustang from ebay. I lost the instruction manual at work and need a copy off someone who has the same model. See the attached picture for type. If someone would be kind enough to copy the manual and post it here, I would be grateful.
Regards
Toz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72527.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	279929  
Old 06-03-2005, 04:25 PM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: ARF P-51 Mustang-Chinese

Go to raidentech.com
this looks like one of their P-51's, hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:25 AM
easton24
My Feedback: (1)

Yup that is the same plane. I built that plane last year. Sorry no longer have the manual.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:49 PM
tozdezignz

G'day again!!
Its definitly not the raidentech P-51. I had one of those before and this one is different. Although simillar, this model is much more scale like and has the scale ailerons and not the full length ones. I believe this one is sold by Ak-models.com. I still would appreciate the help.
Regards
Toz
Old 06-04-2005, 01:12 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Raiden Tech sells both the one you built before and the one you have now. They will probably be your best source.

Jim
Old 06-04-2005, 02:03 PM
tozdezignz

G'day Guys
You guys are absolutely correct!! Raidentech.com do have these models now.
Thanks again!
Toz
Old 06-04-2005, 11:21 PM
suitcase

How well are these planes made. How do they fly. The prices are good enough. Anyone flying them?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:04 AM
easton24

Yeah well they fly pretty good. They look better in the air than sitting on the ground. The manual is pretty abbreviated. A couple of steps you kind have to figure out on your own. Of course retracts are crap. I ended up getting two of the same side landing gear. I had some new wire bent. I went through three hitec retract servos before I switched the gear to robart mechanical. I do think that the hitect retract servo also had something to do with it too. I ended up getting a JR retract servo that did the job. But like I said it flys pretty good.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:24 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

I bought one from Raidentech recently. Kit is good quality all wood so repairs will be simple. Stock retracts are crap. I plan to use the GP mech in it. Have not put mine together yet. You can't beat that $143 including shipping, though.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
tozdezignz

I bought the earlier 60 size P-51 from Raidentech. It was a pretty crappy looker but flew extremly well. It was very light and fully aerobatical. I had a ST75 in it, which was more than enough power. I destroyed it a few months ago due to pilot error. The price is right so I bought the new one. It is 100% better looking and quality than the other one. This one will be powered by a Enya 90 4 stroke. It should fly very well. For $140 bucks you cant go wrong. I recomend this model as a second model.
Regards
Toz
Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
bear9236

I too have bought the Marie version . When i compare it to a Hanger 9 at the field the cheaper version is a close clone . Deminsions are there but quality and small scale differences are noticable between the two . For the price i feel it is a great bargain just don't expect to have a scale mustang for those that are scale buffs . Go to Horizon Hobbies web page and look at the instruction manual for their 60 Mustang and you will see a close match and better instructions .

Barry
Old 06-06-2005, 12:57 PM
tozdezignz

Thanks Barry
I printed out the hanger 9 manual. You are correct. My P-51 is a clone of the hanger 9. The quality is not quite as good but its close. The price is definitly right!! Cant go wrong with this one.
Regards
Toz
Old 06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

the hangar 9 version is better quality:
It has a olive dab color for the strip from the canopy to the fuse, this one has a black strip
The quality of the cowling is lower quality on the knockoff then the hangar 9
Hangar 9's retracts are actually usable, where as these ones are pretty bad, they don't even have a setscrew to align them and the strut is gluded into place.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Has anyone had the P-47 thunderbolt they have listed? It sounds pretty nice as well. what kind of covering do they use? Any info on the JUG would be really appreciated! Or how about that Cessna 182? pretty reasonable price???? (8 lbs sounds a bit high? - Maybe?)

Thanks

Sheldon
Old 06-15-2005, 12:56 AM
bear9236

Well after getting close to finishing this plane i still say quality is ok for the price but the fit of parts are lacking . I have gotten to the cowl and it is so far off that to get the spinner to line up with the cowl the engine will have left thrust .
Has anyone got their Marie version flying and did you use the CG listed in the instructions ?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 AM
numberone

the ak-model p-51 is the same as the raiden tech
Old 06-18-2005, 07:38 PM
bear9236

Well after messing with the thrust angle and the cowl i finally realized there is no thrust molded in the cowl i should have noticed before . After mounting the engine and mount at center line of the firewall everything lined up .
I set the CG at their recomendations and it flew great . I used a Magnum .91 Fourstroke and MAS 14x6 prop and it flew with plenty of power . The plane weights 8# and flew very light on the wing .
If you have built a few ARFs , this plane takes a little more time . If this is your first ARF , good luck .

Barry
Old 08-20-2005, 12:33 AM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

HELP!
Ok, I posted at one other area here about this plane. All was going well until I noticed that the FIREWALL was not pre-drilled...blank, no indents for blind nuts, nothing. The abbreviated manual says the engine mount has built in offset but that can't be right with no holes drilled, LOL...
I have an SK .80 waiting to be bolted up but I have -0- idea where the thrust line should be. The tank hole is cut out but it sits low on the firewall...

CAN ANYONE WITH THE AK VERSION OF "MARIE" PLEASE PROVIDE THE SPACING FOR THE 4 MOUNTING HOLES IN THE FIREWALL??

After defending the retracts and crowing about the value of this ARF, I'm now eating that crow over a firewall issue!
Oh, speaking of the retracts...I noticed that the axle doesn't hit center on the pan but rather further inboard. Guess the legs are a tad too long, huh? AND can someone shed a little light on how in the h*ll to route the accuator wire from the retract servo to the retract arm??? The pan is in the way and the ribs are, too. I know the solution is probably very simple but never done retracts 'fore and I'm outta ideas.
She's sittin' there waiting for me to get my act together...any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

Point Magu
Cumberland, MD

(home of the Mexico Farms R/C Flyers)
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Bill Fleming
My Feedback: (35)

My Chinese P-51 (Raidentech) didn't have a spinner. Raiden did even try to help when I couldn't find one. Findally, Horizon started carrying a red 3.5" plastic ($18) that works well. My Current problem is the wobbly retracts. I purchased a replacement set from Horizon/Hangar 9 that had better struts, but the mechinical actuators are worse (loosness). I've ordered some GP struts from tower and maybe using the old actuators and GP struts will work. If anyone has a better approach, like knowing where to purchasing a quality set, please let me know so I can get it in the air. If you aren't an experienced builder (not assembler) the instruction are near worthless. It can't be built per the instructions. Just use the parts and build it as if you were scratch building. Otherwise, I think the $120.00 I paid Raidentech is a better deal than the higher priced Hangar 9, etc.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
PointMagu

Well, I junked the stock retracts and replaced them with Great Planes mechanicals. They are a perfect fit and are LOWER profile so the entire gearleg is recessed within the wing...MUCH neater. The use of an ajustable axle also make placing the tires much easier and the 88 degree offset compensates for dihedral. The actuator wires are thinner but they cycle nicely so I've no trepidation about using them.
I have the engine mounted, the cowling situated and all I need do now is cut out the opening for carb and muffler. A 3-1/2" Vor-Tech parabolic spinner really adds a ton to the overall appearance.
I'm ripping off the yellow tail covering and replacing it with checkerboard Ultracote:

http://h1071118.hobbyshopnow.com/ser...=HAN&tag=asrch

This stuff isn't that cheap but the effect is fantastic and not nealy as labor-intensive as cutting and ironing all those squares! I need to buy an in-cowl refueler of some sort and find a Pitts-style muffler that fits my 3rd World, SK-80 engine.
The effort continues....

Point Magu
Cumberland, MD

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11737.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	319704  
Old 11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
acgeorge
My Feedback: (3)

Pitts muffler for the SK-.80

[link=http://www.atsrcplanes.com/glowplugs.htm]http://www.atsrcplanes.com/glowplugs.htm[/link]
Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
PointMagu

FANTASTIC!

Only problem...out of stock with no due date available....sniff

But, hey! It's a start, eh?

Thanks!
Don
Old 11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
acgeorge
My Feedback: (3)

Just got my P-51 .60 from Raden Tech. What is the thickness of your stock strut and Great Planes replacements. The struts which came with my kit are .158" diameter

Andy
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Bill Fleming
My Feedback: (35)

I also acquired a P-51 from Raiden Tech. I replaced the retract struts with a set of GP from Tower. Took some doing to make them fit, but they stand up much better than the Raden Tech. Even so, anything less than a greased landing will bend them. I found shimming the rear of the mount, therefore, slanting the struts forward, helped the bending problem. Be advised Raiden Tech doesn't sell any parts for their airplanes!

I'm still looking for a stronger set of struts. The actuators seem to be ok.

Bill
Old 11-11-2005, 01:06 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

see what I find amusing is that people get this plane, spend about 50-70 dollars fixing up the problems with it (new hardware, retracts, covering e.t.c.)
and they are up to about 220 dollars... the price the geniune hangar 9 product goes for and even still they actually think they got a deal..

gotta love that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.