Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
TT Cloud dancer 40 wing dihedral? >

TT Cloud dancer 40 wing dihedral?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

TT Cloud dancer 40 wing dihedral?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Cloud dancer 40 wing dihedral?

Hello!

I am just building my Cloud dancer and wing dihedral on it is 6.5 degrees or 8.5 cm. Is this OK, because it seems too much to me for an aerobatic plane? Owners, can anybody measure wing dihedral for me?
Any other suggestion for this plane?

Mico
Old 10-13-2002, 12:35 AM

I built one from an ACE kit and it called for 3" (7.6 CM) under the wing tip. Thats with the other wing panel held to the workbench. Thats how I built it and I have no complaints about how the plane handles. I have not found myself fighting the wing dihedral to get it to go where I want it to.
Rich
Old 10-13-2002, 11:09 PM

I just put my CD40 ARF wing together (WS= 60") and I measured 4.25" with one side's max thickness held to the bench and 3.75" with the TE held flat to the bench ( 8 and 7.125 degrees respectively). How are you measuring it?

Neversink, how do you like your CD? Any setup hints? I'm planning to use an OS 46fx and Hitec 425 servoes.

Thanks,
Joel
Old 10-14-2002, 01:07 AM

I get the same measurement when I hold either the trailing edge or the max thickness (the main spar) to the table. When I measure at the last rib (on the main spar) I get 2 3/4". If I measure at the wing tip I get 3 3/8". The plans and the instructions in the kit call for a 3" block under one wing tip while joining the wing halfs.

I love the way the CD flies. If the ARF comes in as light or lighter than the kit you'll be really impressed with the 46FX. I built mine with a OS 46SF, Macs muffler, and single Hitec 425s for ailerons, rudder and elevator. The rudder is a pull-pull. Final weight is 4 lb, 14 oz. Unlimited vertical. Loops would fall off to the side until I balanced the plane laterally. Likes to wag its tail on the downline from a stall turn. Rolls and spins are great. Very hard to make the plane stall. Never encountered a tip stall.

Just one hint - be prepared for major floating on final! Make sure the idle is very low and go long and low when setting up for landing. Even dead stick the bugger will float past you. Not a bad characteristic, but you have to be prepared for it.

You'll like it....Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	30399_1739.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	19231