Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

UPROAR 40 ARF NEED HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

UPROAR 40 ARF NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:39 PM
seaknight1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPROAR 40 ARF NEED HELP!!

I would like to ask for help concerning a Tower Hobbies ARF Uproar 40. I have tried to balance the darn thing using a Great Planes CG Machine as per the assembly instructions, center of balance is 3 3/4 inches from leading edge. I can get it to balance and hold level, my problem is that when I push on the tail slightly the tail sinks. I have balanced a plane before and when it is balanced, you can push on the tail and the tail will come back to level. Is it possible that I might be missing somthing here, any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Seaknight1962
Old 07-08-2005, 06:07 PM
flyingohio
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: UPROAR 40 ARF NEED HELP!!

Are you balancing it inverted? That's how I did mine... had to put the battery in the tail with a .46 in the nose if that's any help to you.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:18 PM
seaknight1962

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am doing it as per the instructions, upside down and 3 3/4 inches from leading edge. I do have a 1000 ma battery but it sits under the servo tray.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:20 AM
flyingohio
My Feedback: (2)

Hmm... don't know what to tell you then. I've seen some planes that flop back and forth around the cg when balancing, not sure what the trick is. But it sounds like you have it reasonably close, which is all that's required for the Uproar. It doesn't fly nearly as "wild" as it looks. (unless you want it to) I had mine balanced so that it would hold level inverted with just slight up pressure on the elevator, and it wasn't pitch sensitive at all. A fun little plane for sure.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

I had the same thing happen on my stick when I built it. It would sit there all day long on the balance point; touch it one way or the other and it would sink like a rock. I always put my balance point dead center of the range so I flew it like it was. I figure I had an inch at least to play with for the CG so I was in there. Plane flew just fine with it balancing that way.

I would think that if you have within the range of the recommended CG you should be fine flying it like that.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:15 PM
jlank
My Feedback: (5)

My Twist balanced like that. It flies great so I'd think you are ok.
Joel
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
seaknight1962

I would like to thank all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to answer my question. As soon as we get a break on the weather here in the pacific northwest, and I find a club with a field I will give it a go. Once more, thanks for your help.

Seaknight